Your Jewel?

Maverickping

Being a long-time fan of Mills putters; I've been lucky to see everyone's beauties and many of you own, more than one.
So, which one (only) is your Jewel?
Mine is my Postman. Full disclosure: They came with pencil shafts and by the time I got this, it was minus the shaft.

Attachments

Maverickping

Being a long-time fan of Mills putters; I've been lucky to see everyone's beauties and many of you own, more than one.
So, which one (only) is your Jewel?
Mine is my Postman. Full disclosure: They came with pencil shafts and by the time I got this, it was minus the shaft.

Attachments

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
So cruising the internet one day; many-many years ago i came across the TP Mills website. I saw the story of Truett making putters for Presidents, a certain P Mickelson, Arnie Palmer etc etc - and them ALL having to pay. I read about some innovative ideas and beliefs. And of course i saw with my own eyes some beautiful handmade hardware on show. The love, history, original designs and features all immediately struck a nerve with me. I was smitten right there.

I then noticed a link to the UK website - then run by Paul Constantine. So i made contact and told him i was looking for a flow-neck blah blah blah.

By pure chance he had in his small stock a Stainless Steel hand-stamped (By David) and finished Softail. Money was sent and the putter winged its way to me. And WOW - it was the most amazing putter i'd ever seen. And still have to this date. The shape, the craftsmanship, the mushrooming around the 'Lets play' stamps etc was all quite fun and to me unbelievably cool in so many ways.

Only two pics i have / can currently find unfortunately:

We had some great times and it was in my bag for a few years. For whatever reason i then stupidly sold it. I believe on here - and perhaps to someone in Norway or Sweden ?

Fast forward and David kindly made me a full on custom later on, and i tried to replicate the original Softail to some degree. To be fair everything i asked for from David was spot-on. But it just wasn't quite the original somehow and the feel was never the same - as gorgeous as she looked. So she moved on to a better life in the USA fairly quickly.

So: How i so-so-so regret selling my own Jewel for a few lousy bucks. That i likely didn't really need and for no good reason.

Live and learn.......

Maverickping

So cruising the internet one day; many-many years ago i came across the TP Mills website. I saw the story of Truett making putters for Presidents, a certain P Mickelson, Arnie Palmer etc etc - and them ALL having to pay. I read about some innovative ideas and beliefs. And of course i saw with my own eyes some beautiful handmade hardware on show. The love, history, original designs and features all immediately struck a nerve with me. I was smitten right there.

I then noticed a link to the UK website - then run by Paul Constantine. So i made contact and told him i was looking for a flow-neck blah blah blah.

By pure chance he had in his small stock a Stainless Steel hand-stamped (By David) and finished Softail. Money was sent and the putter winged its way to me. And WOW - it was the most amazing putter i'd ever seen. And still have to this date. The shape, the craftsmanship, the mushrooming around the 'Lets play' stamps etc was all quite fun and to me unbelievably cool in so many ways.

Only two pics i have / can currently find unfortunately:

View attachment 107406

View attachment 107410

We had some great times and it was in my bag for a few years. For whatever reason i then stupidly sold it. I believe on here - and perhaps to someone in Norway or Sweden ?

Fast forward and David kindly made me a full on custom later on, and i tried to replicate the original Softail to some degree. To be fair everything i asked for from David was spot-on. But it just wasn't quite the original somehow and the feel was never the same - as gorgeous as she looked. So she moved on to a better life in the USA fairly quickly.

View attachment 107407

View attachment 107408

View attachment 107409

So: How i so-so-so regret selling my own Jewel for a few lousy bucks. That i likely didn't really need and for no good reason.

Live and learn.......
Beautiful putter! I remember Paul and those times too.

fharbist

Nice to see so many Heritages here as folks' "jewels". The same was true for me as well with the below Heritage 360g. But, alas, that putter is gone and I am down to only one Mills. So by default, that one becomes the new "jewel". Pretty sweet Flat-T Tradition in the last picture below....

Nice to see a little resurgence in interest/chatter around Mills product on this forum.

Attachments

Maverickping

I have to admit, very happy to see everyone showing off their "Jewel". So many wonderful examples of the past; and recent Mills putters.

fivelinkcobra

Here is my medium flange center shaft TP Mills Softail prototype. Picked it up off eBay spring of 18. I have wanted a Mills since the rising sun days but just could never put the cash down, having just started my own business. This is by far and away the nicest putter I own.

Attachments

Cols_Ears

I got this one from David last year. It’s got kind of a funny story behind it.
View attachment 107433View attachment 107434View attachment 107435View attachment 107436
That I really like!!!

I had a Tradition 2 from the Professional Series that had the most amazing Sapphire Blue finish, that also came from Paul in the UK. Unfortunately at the time I had a tendency to hit the ball low on the face, and this putter wasn't very forgiving there so I moved it on to a friend who moved out to Dubai.

Then I got it back - minus the finish, and with a few dings.

Did a home refinish in Gun Blue and moved it on as I preferred my Ingles and Mann.
But God it was beautiful when new!