Where are you?

Jimbobuc21

If my GIR was higher, my scores would be lower.
This is an old topic, but with the reboot, with matching curtains and headcovers an all, I thought it would be great to use a rainy North Carolina day to ask, "Where are you located?"
Me? I live in the beautiful Smoky Mountains of North Carolina on the Cherokee Indian Reservation. I am not Native American but I am a minister at one of the missionary churches here...
Now, tell me a bit about you and where you are...
Jimbo :cool:

johnny5

Spring Hill, TN (on the Williamson County side 😎). Moved here, then a small town/city, in 2005. Population was around 10,000 to a gut busting 40,000 now with the same infrastructure (aside from the water treatment plant).
Currently a stay at home parent. Littlest heading to kindergarten in August and the bigger kid is 9....or something.
Play off a 5 handicap and play/practice once a month in season.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Lowestoft, Suffolk, England.

The most Easterly town in the UK - and being an Island - obviously right on the Coast. Also means we are the first Town in the UK to see the Sunrise.

*** "Ness Point" in my home-Town below; which celebrates this fact.

MattM97

Toronto, Canada. Lived here my whole life except 2 years when I lived in Kansas and 2 years in Ohio. Don't plan on living in Toronto much longer, too expensive, too crowded, all good golf is out of the city because everything within is private.

bargolf

Live in Plymouth, Indiana. Work in Indianapolis. Fort Golf Resort. Pete Dye design. We were named #1 layout in the USA according to reviews on Golf Advisor. Can't tell you guys how long it took me to fill in all those reviews. :) Honestly, if you are in the area stop in and I hope you will play. Beautiful track and reasonable price.

cueist

King of Prussia, PA. Just a few miles from the monstrosity known as the King of Prussia Mall. Approximately 33 miles NW of Philadelphia.

Jim

RobotDoctor

Coffee drinking hacker
I live in Fort Collins, CO, work all over the place in the continental US and occasionally in Canada, play my golf at Collindale Golf Club in FoCo. I play my rounds there because it is a tight track (to learn to hit the ball straighter) and it has fast greens. It is also across the street from my house. :D

I travel for business but really don't bring my clubs (too much of a hassle these days).

LionGolfer

Spring Hill, TN (on the Williamson County side 😎). Moved here, then a small town/city, in 2005. Population was around 10,000 to a gut busting 40,000 now with the same infrastructure (aside from the water treatment plant).
Currently a stay at home parent. Littlest heading to kindergarten in August and the bigger kid is 9....or something.
Play off a 5 handicap and play/practice once a month in season.
Geesh, how do you maintain a 5 playing once a month in season. I envy you.

MattM97

I'm from the small equatorial island state of Singapore. Spent 5 years in San Francisco and Madison, WI a long while back.
Dude that's beautiful. I'd like to travel to SE Asia one day. But not in the summer, that humidity would wreck me.

johnny5

Geesh, how do you maintain a 5 playing once a month in season. I envy you.
Not sure really. About 6 years ago I found a groove. My neighbor's son keeps wanting me to commit to practicing and take it somewhere higher than taking him and his dad's cash once a month. I'm 41 with two kids and a career having wife. I'll stay at the muni's.
I do swing and putt daily.

Roland

Houghton Regis, Bedfordshire, UK. It's the slightly less diverse and more bigoted cousin of Luton 😂. However property was/is cheap and it offers good transport links.