What's the DUMBEST question you have been asked when.....

jpwb8

Trade a putter for a torque wrench?
That's just silly. You can't putt with a torque wrench - for starters the loft is always wrong.

One funny thing i heard.....if you dont make contact...its a practice swing....you dont count it....or if the ball is in the rough and the rough is thick or has leaves in it.....just drop and dont count that either....from my boss....he claims to shoot in the 40's for 9....well not if you dont count everything ! He probably shoots in the 60's for 9

MattM97

After sending a guy some pics:

"I didn't know it was a left handed putter"

Even though in the add it said LEFT HANDED in the title and had about 4-5 pictures in the post. Ah gotta love Craigslist/Kijiji.

Maverickping

I rarely sell any putters, gave some thought to one and put out a feeler on it. Guy calls me up, told him about it and it was fairly... priced at 800.00 Canadian. Guy asks we why it is so expensive, so I explain the difference between mine and the big box, off the rack putters. He told me I was wrong but he thought it looked pretty so he would be willing to give me 100.00 if I would include the shipping, insurance etc. And... if I would include taking it back if he didn't like it! I honestly thought I was losing my mind with this conversation.

geogolf

www.theclubcollector.com
Latest one was::: After a day of negotiating- all excited to get it::: Going to pay at midnight when direct deposit paycheck hits

Drumroll please:

"Mom went in the hospital- can't buy the putter"

Last edited:

T. J.

PUTTERS!? We no need no,,, wait,,, si , we do !!
Staff member
About 12 years ago the only thing I ever sold on eBay, a grey goose milled putter, like $30 or so , after three days and no payment, sent message requesting payment, I got this gem " Son bid on it, he didn't know he had to pay for it",,,,,

MattM97

I rarely sell any putters, gave some thought to one and put out a feeler on it. Guy calls me up, told him about it and it was fairly... priced at 800.00 Canadian. Guy asks we why it is so expensive, so I explain the difference between mine and the big box, off the rack putters. He told me I was wrong but he thought it looked pretty so he would be willing to give me 100.00 if I would include the shipping, insurance etc. And... if I would include taking it back if he didn't like it! I honestly thought I was losing my mind with this conversation.
I both love and hate those guys. I put a few up on Kijiji (local classifieds) for a fair price. I'd get emails like
"I have $75, I can get the putter today. Deal or no?"

My response usually went "Get the other $75 or even $60 and come tomorrow."

Oddly silence usually fell after that.

MattM97

Last one cause I haven't sold many putters.

Put up an Evnroll ER2 for $275 CAD on a local forum, super fair price just wanted it gone to fund another putter. Anyways in less than 15min or so I get a message "I'll take the putter, text me at xxx-xxxx" Send him a text and the back and forth begins, where can we meet, when can we meet, etc. I work on the road so it's not too hard for me as long as long as he's within the 80km window from my home and work area I can drop it off no problem, outside of that if not in the downtown core or other side of the city I'd drive to.

Anyways first chance to meet and he flakes for some reason. At this point I had another message from a local guy with more activity on the forum asking about the putter. I told him I'm in talks with someone else but he seems iffy and I'll let him know if it falls through which it might. Finally set up a meeting with guy #1, I'm waiting and he goes "Ok I just have to grab money before I show, how much again?" I respond with "It's $275" and then send him the post again. I get an "Oh" and in my head I'm like 'ok here comes a low ball or flake' then get a "I thought it was less" I'm just shaking my head "How much did you think it was?" maybe getting a reasonable price and get it done with. "I thought it was under $200, I've gotten one for that price before and kinda figured I'd get this at that too". Yeah cause I'm gonna drop $100 of my price for whatever reason which is most likely bull if that. "No it's not and no you're not, you wasted my f'ing time with this I'm selling the putter to someone else."

Message guy #2 told him the first guy flaked as usual, and I'd give him the putter for $250 to get it sold and since we're local easier to meet up. Guy #2 agrees, set up a meet up date after he returns from a work trip. I drive to him, hand him the putter he hands me cash, exchange pleasantries and go on our way.

Don't be like Guy #1 folks, be like Guy # 2.