What putter is your gamer and for how long now?

RobotDoctor

Coffee drinking hacker
Relationships with the flat stick for some is a perfect love affair. For most of us this relationship can be tumultuous to outright disdain. We are all in the quest for the perfect putter, the one we can count on when we need to make a putt (like all of them). Very few have found this putter which explains why we all have the need to keep buying them.

I am currently gaming a carbon steel Byron Morgan Epic Day custom with long pipe neck and copper plating. This putter has been in my bag since September 2014, so almost 5 years. I have gamed only one putter longer than 4 years prior and that was a Cameron Inspired by Brad Faxon (same shape as the Epic Day but with a plumbers neck). The Epic Day has been probably the best putter in terms of performance I have ever gamed. However, the past month or so it has hit a speed bump and not performed as it had. I was contemplating putting my TP Mills Heritage in the bag for a test spin. The past four rounds I've had 28, 27, 26 and 24 putts. I've had a lot of pitches and chips greenside during those rounds but the Epic Day is now back to producing outstanding putts. It is safe to say that my Epic Day is not leaving my bag any time in the near, or distant, future.

What putter are you currently gaming and how long has it been the primary putter in your bag?109054

LionGolfer

I don;t have one and actually play all my putters. One reason why I'm looking to reduce the herd so that each gets more play.. and I cant play more often lol.

Maverickping

No favorite for me either, a lot of it depends on the weather and who can come out to play. Bad weather and I start looking at the SS putters.

rclarke1

trying to get back on course......
Mine also rotate regularly- all either naked or top line dot. Only criteria is I don't take the carbons out as much when wet season is about

JunkerJorge

I’m trying to cut down but right now I have about 4 in regular rotation: blackout ping vault zb 2.0, carbon swag suave one, stainless CT Newport 2.5, and Mills heritage.

If I have a round with 24 putts like RobotDoctor whatever putter that is will be staying a while. Say... you looking to move that epic day .... 😂

bargolf

I have 4. A Dakine Long Pipe pear-shaped mallet I watch Byron shape. I have a Bombora In-Between Long Pipe, I have a Xenon Copper Blade custom by Lumpy and a Signature Model Proto Type by Kari Lajosi (avatar).

stefbase

playing a PXG Drone since 2 years now , tried many others and always coming back to this one ,
I'm now in the process of ordering my custom Lajosi , which will be I hope my new gamer

jh

Odyssey Arm Lock for the last month or so, before that I was using my PXG Brandon for the previous 18 months.

bogie

I am down to three I can use at any time. However my current favorite is the Swag Suave one. (25 putts yesterday) I did game a BB1- short slant proto (no insert) for over 10 years.

MattM97

I think I've narrowed it down to 4 putters for now which means a putter purge of 6 to 8 putters is going to happen soon. So for what is in my mini rotation:

• Toulon San Diego - My main gamer as of recent.
  • Argolf Avalon - When I need a mallet.
  • Edel E3 - Former gamer, not feeling the grip, gonna change that up.
  • Byron Morgan DH89 - It doesn't see much play but out on the course at times.
Only things that I'd add in to replace what I have would be:

• Toulon Madison or Austin as I'm starting to prefer rounded bumpers.
  • Toulon Atlanta, Memphis or Las Vegas. Would replace the Argolf, just like the face on the Toulon.
  • Bettinardi SS #3. This will be hard to find in a lefty as not many around but the F.I.T. Face is awesome
  • SWAG. Literally anything lefty that they bring out I'll probably buy unless it doesn't fit my stroke.

mrrelish

Here are my 4 gamers
2 - 8813 from late 60's
1- Mizuno Bettinardi Bc 7 from the 90's
1- Napa "the art of putting" from mid 90's
Used the 8813 the longest but really like the BC 7 and Napa right now. All grips are leather which I prefer. Found some great grips at bestgrips.com.

Attachments

After a putting lesson from David Edel early June, im currently gaming a 325 gram Edel classic Mckenzie head, 34.00 inches, F0 neck( no offset),Round Edel grip with 110 gram counterweight. I have never putted better, distance control and starting putts online has been a joy after years of frustration. The collection is winding down rapidly to a few Byrons, Manns and Edels, not 1 with a plumber neck..

bargolf

After a putting lesson from David Edel early June, im currently gaming a 325 gram Edel classic Mckenzie head, 34.00 inches, F0 neck( no offset),Round Edel grip with 110 gram counterweight. I have never putted better, distance control and starting putts online has been a joy after years of frustration. The collection is winding down rapidly to a few Byrons, Manns and Edels, not 1 with a plumber neck..
Knowing what i do about this stroke i am really intrigued by this fit. Effectively no head feel high B swing weight?
I love the round grip option. Takes away any reference to steer.
Love it.

MattM97

Knowing what i do about this stroke i am really intrigued by this fit. Effectively no head feel high B swing weight?
I love the round grip option. Takes away any reference to steer.
Love it.
The round grip is interesting. I actually just took mine off yesterday. Couldn't get comfortable with it and short putts I was nervous on. Swapped it for a JumboMax Mid-Jumbo grip. Will see how it plays.

If you have normal sized hands the round grip should be quite comfortable. My hands are large and thick so yeah.