Thin, light-weight, rubber grips.........

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
The requirements above now seem to be quite 'old-skool' compared to modern trends and materials. But; it seems the supplies of my all time favourite Golf Pride Dual Durometer in Black with red cap are finally coming to an end.

I love the physical size and shape of these - and the light'ish weight (For a rubber grip) of around 62.5g - helps to keep headweight up:

A couple of other options i've found are the Pingman PP58. Right around 59g it seems; may even be slightly too thin and arched (?) possibly - but is of course very readily available:

And some Iomics. The stock grips have quite square edges which isn't my preference. But i have tried an 'Absolute' textured version which was more rounded and at 65g a great weight for me.....

Anything else i should be looking into / trying / considering ??

Cols_Ears

Lamkin Deep etched isn't far from the Absolute - with perhaps a touch more arch in the pistol.

I have a couple of the Pure Classic Putter grips in white, if you want to try one Shuv.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
PURE Grips are "old skool" but a little heavier than what you have now.
https://puregrips.com/product-catalog
Thanks ! Have you tried them at all ? Is the feel 'iomic" type (The 'shinier' appearance gives that impression - at least in my head !), or traditional old-skool rubber ?

Lamkin Deep etched isn't far from the Absolute - with perhaps a touch more arch in the pistol.

I have a couple of the Pure Classic Putter grips in white, if you want to try one Shuv.
Nice offer Col - cheers and appreciate that. Interesting thing is - the white is "super-heavy" compared to the other colours. Really it is !

https://puregrips.com/product-catalog

Looks like one of these in Blue may be about as good as it gets....

ebay Link
Some still here in your favourite colour Shuv :)
Well,.......i'm speechless ! :ROFLMAO::);)

johnny5

Thanks ! Have you tried them at all ? Is the feel 'iomic" type (The 'shinier' appearance gives that impression - at least in my head !), or traditional old-skool rubber ?
My two Xenon's have them. I have not tried the Iomic grip. The PURE Classic and Iomic Classic are close in design. It's definitely rubber. Takes two or three rounds of use for the smell to calm down.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Never did i think this was my 'solution'. But while messing around on my wifes Aliexpress account; i came across my old favourite Iomic Absolute grips [No longer available / made ?????]

At a ridiculous price too. Infact i then got offered a $2 discount. So the one i bought to try was $3 and a few cents Shipped on a Tracked service to my door. And it's just arrived.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW-IOMIC-Absolute-X-Putter-Grip-TPE-Rubber-9-Colors-Available-Free-shipping/32944450811.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.6fd73c000jyvqr

Now: Packaging looks excellent - as does the grip. I suspect the weight of it is the key marker to how genuine it is though. Or maybe that's within tolerance ? Still: as my other favourite putter grip of all time is no longer available either - i've got nothing to lose fitting this one on and giving it a go.

If quality / shape is anything like ok; it might be a decent option for someone ????

Cols_Ears

I have a new on from a legit supplier at home in the packet Shuv - so I'll weight mine tonight and let you know how it compares.

Never heard of AliExpress before - is it above board, or is there a lot of fakes on there??

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
I have a new on from a legit supplier at home in the packet Shuv - so I'll weight mine tonight and let you know how it compares.

Never heard of AliExpress before - is it above board, or is there a lot of fakes on there??
It would be great to see what a known genuine one weighs Col yes ;)

How do i put this eloquently; "Yes there's a lot of fake / questionable Far Eastern merchandise on Aliexpress" !!! And i'd be 90%+ sure its non genuine from the factory. But it is what it is, they have a feedback system like ebay for buyers - and it came on a Tracked delivery service.

***I've just got it out of the packet in light of fitting later; and the shape and texture feels great. Quality looks really good if i'm honest. And i'm as anal as they come. For a cheap grip that i know i like the shape of / to try out on different putters without breaking the bank and wasting an expensive grip before i commit the putter to the sin-bin soon after potentially: i've just ordered a handful more.....

Last edited:

Cols_Ears

For anyone else interested, I weighted the one I have in the wrapper and it came in at 68g also.

Doesn't mean they are genuine, but they might be ;)

LionGolfer

I have a new black iomic grip for anyone who's willing to pay shipping which will be about 12 bucks... yeah I know but I'm half way around the globe from most of you in the US.

Attachments