Shot Scope V2?

Cols_Ears

I had one, used it for about 12m, but went back to paper and pencil for recording stats and the new SkyCaddie SX500 for yardages. It was pretty good, but the fact they couldn't introduce a Strokes Gained Putting stat despite the system recording the distance of the putts and total number annoyed me.

smitty

Administrator
Staff member
I had one, used it for about 12m, but went back to paper and pencil for recording stats and the new SkyCaddie SX500 for yardages. It was pretty good, but the fact they couldn't introduce a Strokes Gained Putting stat despite the system recording the distance of the putts and total number annoyed me.
Any chance they have updated that I wonder?
The system looks quite interesting.

Cols_Ears

I don't think so. They company is based here in Scotland and their customer service is very helpful, but I asked several times about adding a SGP stat in, and they kept saying there was a problem doing it. I have a spreadsheet that works it out from the data I got from the Shotscope, so it really should be in their ability.

Cols_Ears

Also for me playing on a windy links course, the usefulness of the yardages for each club was minimal as I'm very rarely hitting a standard shot that carries it's full distance, into the windy it's hitting knockdowns after clubbing up, one, two or even three clubs. So the numbers it reports are not a true measure of how far each club actually goes.
It is a good system and it's shot tracking and mapping is pretty accurate.

smitty

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the info.
I have a good skycaddie for yardages, and an arccos sensor in my driver... the idea of full stats is appealing.

Cols_Ears

The downside to the system is that watch is a bit clunky and the display is small in comparison to the overall size. But if you are used to wearing a watch for golf then not really an issue. I'd never worn a watch for golf in 30 years before I got this so took a bit of getting used to.