Scotty Cameron Why 0.355 hosel? And bore out to 0.370

dbdors

I have a SC Detour Newport 2 that I desperately want to install a KBS CT Tour shaft. As many know, the SC putters are .355 hosel and KBS does not yet make the CT Tour in .355 only .370.
First question is why .355, is it just being unique or wanting to be proprietary, saving weight, balance, or just what they've always done.

Finally, would it be unreasonable to bore it out to .370. By my numbers that would bee no more that 0.0075" or 0.008" out of the hosel wall. Should be plenty of wall thickness in the hosel cup. Or am I missing something important.

bogie

Byron Morgan and many others use .355 in putters. I would not drill out the hosel if it were mine. After that it's modified and not worth much. JMHO

Oneputt

Finally, would it be unreasonable to bore it out to .370. By my numbers that would bee no more that 0.0075" or 0.008" out of the hosel wall. Should be plenty of wall thickness in the hosel cup. Or am I missing something important.
Don't do it.

Wizzo

And Detours usually don't command the highest prices. Having said that though I would wait until they came out with the correct size.

dbdors

And Detours usually don't command the highest prices. Having said that though I would wait until they came out with the correct size.
Was thinking the same thing, not much value to preserve. I don't have any plans to sell, and want to game it and be happy with gaming. But I'll wait a while longer.