Scottsdale 1996 limited edition

I have read all there is about this one, and I seriously concidering giving my zing 2 steel a rest and buying this one. It is priced reasonably and comes with original headcover. Thought it would be cool to have, and since I will never come across a real anser scottsdale, this might be as close as I could get. What do you say? I already have another anser, an o-blade, and the zing 2 among others, so I don`t need It.

FrankenScotty

G'day Freddy,

I don't have an original Scottsdale Anser either, but there are other options as well as the 30 year anniversary edition that you have pictured, whether gaming or collecting, it sounds like you wish to play your next one. There is a 50th Anniversary one along the 30th Anniversary theme too.

If it is an old version that you would like, the KARSTEN CO Dalehead model, which was the first model straight after the original Scottsdale Anser, and the move to Phoenix, and made in the Scottsdale original molds, would be a good choice. Same era (late 60's) and metals composition probably. Then after that the Dalehead Anser as well, again made in these molds. I really like the K CO to use.

There are also the Scottsdale Anser remakes from the 90's, and these are made in Manganese Bronze, Beryllium Copper and Beryllium Nickel, with the BeCu being heavier than the Mang/Brz and the Be/Ni the heaviest of all, again, the same Scottsdale Anser shape (sloped bumpers), and rounded heel. Just be aware that only the Manganese bronze model has the Floating Face (the cut in the sole). Again, nice putters to use, I will attach some pics for identification, just in case you are not fully familiar with these models,

Just my two bobs worth, cheers Steve.

IMG_0628.jpgIMG_0742.JPGIMG_0744.JPG

Oneputt

I have read all there is about this one, and I seriously concidering giving my zing 2 steel a rest and buying this one. It is priced reasonably and comes with original headcover. Thought it would be cool to have, and since I will never come across a real anser scottsdale, this might be as close as I could get. What do you say? I already have another anser, an o-blade, and the zing 2 among others, so I don`t need It.
View attachment 110214
The 1996 bronze Scottsdale Anser has a head weight of 316 grams. The stock length measures nearly 36", so I think this putter has a sensible length to weight ratio. Players who like a putter of 35" or shorter might find the weight of this putter too light.