Scotland

Got back from my Scotland trip last week. Had an amazing time playing over there. We got uncharacteristically good weather. 60's, mostly sunny and light wind most rounds. Worst conditions were at Carnoustie, which is a course that doesn't need help in wrecking a scorecard. We played North Berwick West Links, Old Course at St. Andrews (actually just I did cause I spent the night out there to get a tee time), Kingsbarns, Carnoustie, Royal Dornoch, and little 9 hole course at the Skeabost Hotel on Isle of Skye. Playing on those links courses was the coolest experience and it has ruined golf for me in America. I'm already clamoring to go back one day. I'll post a few pictures. I played with my dad and my father-in-law. Has anyone played these courses we played?

Attachments

Oneputt

Got back from my Scotland trip last week. Had an amazing time playing over there. We got uncharacteristically good weather. 60's, mostly sunny and light wind most rounds. Worst conditions were at Carnoustie, which is a course that doesn't need help in wrecking a scorecard. We played North Berwick West Links, Old Course at St. Andrews (actually just I did cause I spent the night out there to get a tee time), Kingsbarns, Carnoustie, Royal Dornoch, and little 9 hole course at the Skeabost Hotel on Isle of Skye. Playing on those links courses was the coolest experience and it has ruined golf for me in America. I'm already clamoring to go back one day. I'll post a few pictures. I played with my dad and my father-in-law. Has anyone played these courses we played?
Thanks for sharing your story and photos. I don't get the opportunity to travel , so posts like yours are much appreciated.

Cols_Ears

Derrick

Sounds like you had a blast and have some great memories to keep - always helps if it doesn't rain every day and you don't get blown off the course! If you come back then drop us a line and I'd be happy to sign you on where I play.

Dornoch is one of my favourite courses, but you played some of the big ones there - all great fun.

Col