Round Grips - Why they might work for you.

bargolf

The link is a partial explanation to why I like to use a round grip and recommend it often. 2 of our clients were low qualifiers for the Women's Am in their different regions. Both use a round grip recommended by Burnt Edges. Please take a look and if you like what you see share it with your friends. Or if it works - keep it too yourself. :)

Jimbobuc21

If my GIR was higher, my scores would be lower.
One of the Tad Moore Pro 1 putters in my collection actually has an old (but in great shape still) Ping round grip that I believe was common on their 'fitting models' that would be distributed to sales outlets to help to establish the optimal length in a putter fitting. It is a substantial grip that inspires confidence as you address the ball. You might think that not having the flat grip makes it harder to keep the face square at set up, but I find that it is a more visual thing than feel thing for me anyway.
Jimbo :cool:

Oneputt

The link is a partial explanation to why I like to use a round grip and recommend it often. 2 of our clients were low qualifiers for the Women's Am in their different regions. Both use a round grip recommended by Burnt Edges. Please take a look and if you like what you see share it with your friends. Or if it works - keep it too yourself. :)

Have you tried a Garsen Edge or Garsen MAX grip (both grips designed so that thumbs are placed to the side, rather than on top of the putter grip) ?
www.garsengolf.com

Henrik Stenson won the British Open using the Garsen MAX grip.

dans4fun

:):):)

Bruce, I think I owe you a bottle of wine.

My hand hangs like pic on left, but Iv'e been gripping irons like pic on right. Changed grip and wow.

Tried it with putter, still using a pistol grip though. I think it will be good. I did just order some of the Paddle Ostrich Grips from BestGrips.

Will be interesting †o try.

Thanks again for all that you do! Hope all is well.

Dan

johnny5

I'm pic on the left but left hand low. "Natural" ball flight is a right to left shot also. Always giving someone a challenge! The Element I just got this week has a new Best Grip on it. Putting has been a weak link for me. "Burnt Edges" is what I'm fantastic at.