Rob from Sydney collection.

Rob McHugh

Try to be the Person Your Dog Thinks You Are
In 1991 The 55th Masters was won by Woosie the Welsh doozy! He went into the 72nd hole tied with Watson and Jose-Maria, neither of whom could make par. Woosie sank a nervy 8 footer and the Green jacket was his.
This is a replica of the putter he used; a nice little flanged blade with a tiny ferrule and a Tad Moore blacked out tour grip made by Lamkin IIRC. 😃

Rob09E37A21-D1E0-4567-953F-14FEB7186E5D.jpegE87B6D36-3E09-4BCD-A463-6350AF02B896.jpeg64E37D4D-ED6F-4C5E-8691-F40567E9F822.jpeg48B7FD42-C37D-4559-9170-E645622DA2A3.jpeg0A61A3A4-832A-4C58-891F-9CF68AF5A442.jpeg

Rob McHugh

This one is really something special. Made prior to Scotty’s affiliation with Titleist, and used on Tour as the Classic 1.5, the Santa Fe launched in 1996. The Santa Fe is a Newport head with a sightline, a slightly offset neck, and more toe flow. Thia beauty is dead mint as you can see and has amazing milling in the cavity. :)

Rob

Santa Fe 1.jpgSanta Fe 2.jpgSanta Fe 3.jpgSanta Fe 4.jpg

Rob McHugh

This is a wonderful example of one of my favourite Cleveland Classics. This is the milled version of the 'Designed by Ben Crenshaw'. I have never rolled this beauty and the colours still pop on the matte Black Oxide finish.

Rob
Crenshaw Milled 1.jpgCrenshaw Milled 2.jpgCrenshaw Milled 3.jpgCrenshaw Milled 4.jpgCrenshaw Milled 5.jpgCrenshaw Milled 6.jpg

Cols_Ears

Oh stop it Rob!!!! Now you are just trying to make me jealous 🥴

Two of my favourite putter designs in your last two posts. I'm currently on the hunt for a decent Santa Fe TeI3 - but having lived in Scotland too long I've become really tight and don't want to pay for it unless I think I've got a deal! I did see a copper plated Santa Fe last week, but it was a recent after market one with a remilled face and I thought they were asking too much for it.

PS - Loving the Zonal Geraniums in the background, my Dad would have liked that!

Rob McHugh

Oh stop it Rob!!!! Now you are just trying to make me jealous 🥴

Two of my favourite putter designs in your last two posts. I'm currently on the hunt for a decent Santa Fe TeI3 - but having lived in Scotland too long I've become really tight and don't want to pay for it unless I think I've got a deal! I did see a copper plated Santa Fe last week, but it was a recent after market one with a remilled face and I thought they were asking too much for it.

PS - Loving the Zonal Geraniums in the background, my Dad would have liked that!
I’m hearing you Col, the market is all over the place at the moment, but if you see one of the old beauties that you want, grab them I say.

Yep, old guy here - hot competition with the neighbors for best lawns 😂

Rob

Rob McHugh

Rob, titleist should open a museum with your collection.
Thanks mate - I think I’m the one that belongs in a museum!
Seriously though, I just genuinely think Cameron’s old stuff is better than the new stuff.. 😃

Rob

tsecor

I agree the old Cameron is much better. I think at some point he drops a "classic" line and starts making some of the old putters he used to.

Rob McHugh

Here is the much sort after 350g Studio Stainless NP2 head and a stepless 34" Tour shaft with a Mid Size Leather Stitchback. I put some ghost tape on the sole and voila!

The Studio Stainless was / is a famously good model and at 350g (actually weighs 351g) this thing is up there with any Tour stick around IMHO. It has a slightly firm feel with just the right amount of sound / feedback.
:)

Rob

350g Stainless 1.jpg350g Stainless 2.jpg350g Stainless 3.jpg350g Stainless 4.jpg

Rob McHugh

I agree the old Cameron is much better. I think at some point he drops a "classic" line and starts making some of the old putters he used to.
If he bought out a simple Tri-Sole Carbon blade at a decent weight I know a LOT of people that would be all over it.

Rob

Rob McHugh

Here is a mint Tad Moore Tour Classic I picked up recently. As mentioned in an earlier post, the Copper inserts on these is almost 100% Cu and the milling is so fine, it is hard to actually capture in photos.
Carbon steel, Copper insert, 8802 head - it's got everything good! :)

Rob

TM Tour Classic 1.jpgTM Tour Classic 2.jpgTM Tour Classic 3.jpgTM Tour Classic 4.jpgTM Tour Classic 5.jpg

Rob McHugh

Here is the last of my 8802 Cleveland Classics - the BeNi. Beryllium Nickel head with a nice wrap grip and matching pom pom headcover. Funny thing is, I have owned 2 of this model and they both came with this headcover whereas all the others just had the regular Cleveland Classic fare. :)

RobCleveland BeNi 1.jpgCleveland BeNi 2.jpgCleveland BeNi 3.jpgCleveland BeNi 4.jpgCleveland BeNi 5.jpgCleveland BeNi 6.jpg