Rob McHugh

Try to be the Person Your Dog Thinks You Are
wazandnic said:
Love "the mess" 8)

Look forward to seeing more of it.

Cheers,
Waz
Hello Mate!!!

Yep, give me time. Actually I will put another 'old' gem up now.

Take care Waz.

Rob

Rob McHugh

Thanks Ngig21.

Here is a very rare Classic 1 in mint condition. It is very rare because it has a sight line which were only added at the request of tour players at the time and this one was never gamed. In later years, some of these alignment aids were added at the custom shop but this is an original and one of about 20 made according to Scotty and Bill Vogeney.

Kind regards,
Rob

Attachments

Rob McHugh

Thanks Rob.

Next up is a mint Classic 6 and one of my favourites as I am a Napa nut (there will be more of those!). This beauty was the forerunner to the eventual Napa blade shape that Scotty manufactured.The Classic 6 is a traditional heel shafted blade with lots of toe flow. Check the face and you may notice that it has been ground smooth. Many of the faces of the Classic 6 putters were ground smooth to keep the traditional look and feel. The Classic 6 was made in carbon steel and finished in a rich gun blue finish. It was hand stamped and best estimate (on my part) about 200 pieces.

Kind regards,
Rob

Attachments

Rob McHugh

Here is a mint Classic X AMF. It was a final production run prior to Scotty's involvement with Titleist and consisted of 200 pieces in 1994; the AMF stands for 'Adios My Friends'. You will notice it has no hosel per se and has a beautiful flow neck and as such can be considered a precurser to the Catalina line.

Kind regards,
Rob

Attachments

Rob McHugh

Bit of a switch up now and 2 of my prized hand mades from Kari Lajosi. First up is a blade which Kari made for me and personalised (yes, corny as it is, they really are my initials ha ha). It is in a Black Chrome finish with a smoked shaft and a purple leather stitchback grip. Okay; I am the world's most infantile man and said to Kari 'make me a putter that looks like one Batman would use!!' Voila!

Kind regards,
Rob

Attachments

Rob McHugh

This one is a PRIZED possession, it is the 3rd Damascus steel putter Kari hand forged from scratch. (See the whole process on this site under the Lajosi thread, it is amazing and proves what a state of the art craftsman my friend Kari is). His dad got the first, Kari took the second and I was lucky enough to get my hands on number 3! She's a beaut and the pictures really can't do the finish justice.

Kind regards,
Rob

Attachments

Cols_Ears

Just WOW - amazing collection of putters there, and as another lover of classic blades I an very envious of the handmade batman blade from Kari, just a beautiful shape.

Keep the pictures coming. :)

Rob McHugh

Cols_Ears said:
Just WOW - amazing collection of putters there, and as another lover of classic blades I an very envious of the handmade batman blade from Kari, just a beautiful shape.

Keep the pictures coming. :)
Thanks very much Col, I will post some early Newports and Napas for you tomorrow. :)

Kind regards,
Rob

Rob McHugh

Okay; we all know what happenned in 1997 and EVERYONE wanted to know what all the fuss was about. If Langer's win in The Masters in 1993 bossted sales for CGI, you can only imagine the reaction to Tiger's cakewalk in 1997. Pay close attention to the Tel3 'Sole Stamp' which is where the model takes its name. After Tiger's victory the chemical symbol was moved to the heel of the face for all to see. Also note that these 1st generation Teryllium inserts do not have elasticine around them as sealant. These were done by Robert Bettinardi and are acknowledged by most as superior to subsequent models.

Kind regards,
Rob

Attachments

Rob McHugh

Here is another example of the 1st generation Tel3 where the stamp is now on the heel of the face. Look at the milling even in the cavity; just great workmanship.

kind regards,
Rob

Attachments