Refreshed BB-8

fharbist

Been loading up on the Byrons lately, but wanted to give a shout-out to the folks at Bettinardi in Tinley Park. They helped me refresh this BB-8 recently and I really like the way it came out. Beautiful long flow neck with the knurling at the top... Also, a fresh fly-cut face milling...

Thanks very much, boys!! I would really love it if Bettinardi did more flow necks.

Attachments

gdy63

DEADHEAD
Looks sweet ! Was that the original neck or did they add the knurled flow neck for you ? How do you like the face milking?

Thanks for any info and make a bunch o birdies !

Scotty G

fharbist

gdy63 said:
Looks sweet ! Was that the original neck or did they add the knurled flow neck for you ? How do you like the face milking?

Scotty G
Yes, the Bettinardi folks (tour department) did the neck and the face milling. Originally, this was a one-piece plumber's neck. On the milling, there was a thread on here or the other forum about people's impressions of Bettinardi milling options (fly-cut, honeycomb, FIT). I like the fly-cut as a nice change. I also have no problem with the honeycomb milling (especially on carbon), although some people feel it is a little too jumpy.

gdy63

DEADHEAD
fharbist said:
gdy63 said:

Scotty G
Yes, the Bettinardi folks (tour department) did the neck and the face milling. Originally, this was a one-piece plumber's neck. On the milling, there was a thread on here or the other forum about people's impressions of Bettinardi milling options (fly-cut, honeycomb, FIT). I like the fly-cut as a nice change. I also have no problem with the honeycomb milling (especially on carbon), although some people feel it is a little too jumpy.
Thats awesome and the putter looks great. I have a special treat arriving tomorrow that has fly mill so I am glad to hear your thoughts on that!

Scotty G

bogie

They did a super job on that putter. In my experience they always do great restoration and refinishing. The fly mill is one of my favorite finishes! It's soft, but not too soft and puts a nice roll on the ball.