Putt it Forward!

JunkerJorge

Ok. This is going to be long winded.

I have been on PT for a few years now. I spent much of that time pretty much as a lurker as most of the people here have more putter knowledge than I could ever hope to have. But even in the slow times I checked in with this board almost every day. The main reason is that this site is the most civil and gracious corner of the internet that I have ever happened upon. The people here have been generous to share with me so much discussion, knowledge, and even stuff!

About a year ago I posted a WTB for a Byron Morgan hat. Jimbo contacted me and sent me a hat. I was blown away. Who does that? What an act of generosity!

Unfortunately, the M/L hat was a little tight on my big noggin. I didn't know what to do with it. How do you sell a hat that was gifted to you? How do you give back a hat?

So in light of the new blood at PT, and in the spirit of graciousness inspired by Jimbo, I would like to propose an experiment. I am posting the hat here and I will ship it to anyone who wants it in the cont. US. Here is what I ask for payment. If you want the hat, I will send it to you but you have to agree to posting an item for someone else to claim. For the next person to claim the item, they too should list an item to give to someone who wants it.

I don't have any authority here to make "rules" but here is what I think would be good practice:

1. List an item that is at least related to putters or putting
2. If you claim an item, post a picture and description of the item you plan to list AFTER receipt of the item but within in 2 days of receipt of the item.
3. Please don't claim an item with an intent to flip. Once you get an item it is yours. If someone wants to buy it from you that is fine. But please don't turn around and list the item on classifieds or elsewhere. If it doesn't fit, work, etc. you can always list it back here.

I have a few other items set aside to put here but I wanted to start out with the hat that sparked the idea.

PM me if you want the hat.

JJ

Jimbobuc21

If my GIR was higher, my scores would be lower.
Aw, don't tell people that... I am not the originator of that kind of practice and there are others here that have done similar things for me, so... I am only playing it and paying it forward. That is the kind of thing that makes this the kind of community that it is. Kind of you to remember. It is a good idea that you have and I hope it takes off!
Jimbo :cool:

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
I love this idea.

Don’t you US guys call this: ‘pay it forward’ ? Used to be quite a popular thread on GolfWRX with this happening. I’ve not come across it in a while though....

Best of luck with it !

CarlSpackler

I might have one...i'll have to check and see though since we have been living out of boxes since moving in with the in-laws while we search for an appropriate house.

JunkerJorge

So for my next item I am putting up a ball marker. It is not milled out of GSS to look like a pastry, nor is it in the form of a witty 90s pop culture reference. However, it is from hallowed grounds and never opened. Same deal as before. I will ship to US and I ask that you put something up in return.

PM if you want it.

JJ

JunkerJorge

I’m pulling the masters marker due to lack of interest (and I packed it up for the move). I left some stuff out to post in the coming days. Stay tuned.

LionGolfer

Very good gesture sir. I ran a small charity thing for the singapore children's cancer foundation on a jdm golf site I frequent a while back. Basically sold some of my excess and donated 100% to the foundation. Didn't raise a lot but it felt good for me and hopefully for the few that bought my gear.

Thank you JUNKERJORGE for the Byron Hat!!! I had been wanting one for a very long time as I am a Byron Superfan so you truly made my day with your post and generosity!!! I am very happy to contribute to the Putt it Forward idea and hope that it catches on with the current Puttertalk Members as well!
I am simply going to copy and paste the main ideas behind the original post.....if there is any confusion, the very first post in this thread should help clarify any questions you have or you can simply send me a message

If you want the Putter, I will send it to you, you simply have to agree to posting an item for someone else to claim. For the next person to claim the item, they too should list an item to give to someone who wants it.

Also just as a side note, I can adjust the loft and lie angle of the putter to just about whatever the receiver would like the specs to be set at, just let me know

I will ship anywhere within the Cont. US

1. List an item that is at least related to putters or putting
2. If you claim an item, post a picture and description of the item you plan to list AFTER receipt of the item but within in 2 days of receipt of the item.
3. Please don't claim an item with an intent to flip. Once you get an item it is yours. If someone wants to buy it from you that is fine. But please don't turn around and list the item on classifieds or elsewhere. If it doesn't fit, work, etc. you can always list it back here.

Attachments

Last edited:
if no one wants the putter I will pull it and post something else, will give it another day or so, I am going to give something away in the spirit of putt if forward considering I got a great hat that I absolutely love......absolutely no charge to anyone here in the U.S.....you just have to post something of your own for someone else to claim

JunkerJorge

Ok gang, I’m going to add something new here. I have a TP Mills hat size L/XL. PM if you want it following the rules as listed above.

titleistgolf_nirvana’s item is still available as far as I know. I’m just adding something else to the thread. 434BA416-6776-49E8-9CA1-FC4E2ABC99AA.jpegBE136D3B-4E21-4532-A20E-6493136587F5.jpeg34536051-8B9A-4F86-ADF6-DD6E0A0B25D2.jpeg1ED2F9EC-DCDF-48B0-AA0E-F337B122F87F.jpeg