Protecting the Sole -- Putter Tape?

Gioguy21

Guys, I have a beaut in route and I'm looking for some solid recommendations for some clear protective film to use on the bottom to keep her on point. I heard Putter Tape went out of biz, so, looking for other alternatives before she arrives at my door.

what're you guys using, and where can I find it?

thanks in advance --

Gio

fharbist

Get some cold laminate sheets from your local offices products store (Staples, Office Depot, etc.). Cut to fit, apply and voila!! I have this on two to three of my putters. Very durable...

Note - make sure you have the adhesive side up facing the putter when you trace out and cut your template. Made that mistake once or twice...

Gioguy21

fharbist said:
Get some cold laminate sheets from your local offices products store (Staples, Office Depot, etc.). Cut to fit, apply and voila!! I have this on two to three of my putters. Very durable...

Note - make sure you have the adhesive side up facing the putter when you trace out and cut your template. Made that mistake once or twice...
thank you so much fharbist, appreciate it man

Rob McHugh

Try to be the Person Your Dog Thinks You Are
Gio guy, how did you go with this - I am looking at doing the same with some of my arities I want to game. Does it damage the paintfill when removing?

Thanks,
Rob

oneaugusta

News to me that puttertape is out of business. I bought some from Jay Green (peidmont leather) last year 2016. I think that may just be a side business and he doesn't advertise, unless something has changed?

CourtGolf

The Ghost Tape guys are still around with their pre-cut rolls of protective tape

https://ghosttape.com/new/

bgall3265

Second for Ghost Tape!!!!! i use it for all of my demo flat sticks. 3M also makes a self adhesive clear mask that you can buy at hobby shops. Parafilm I think??? works great also.