Ping KBI (Kawecki Berylico Industries) Copper Anser Putter

Huntard

Let's talk about drivers! I mean putters!
I'm sure many people on PT have seen this. Our favorite putter seller on eBay is going at it again. BTW, who is this "shooshoobaby"? And why isn't he on PT yet?

[ebay]271709779763[/ebay]

According to Lumpy's manual, 200 were made in 1974. Damn rare.

Attachments

Huntard

Let's talk about drivers! I mean putters!
Winning bid is a cool $1697.

The highest bid was $500 two days ago. I thought it was outrageous someone would pay that much for an old Ping. What do I know? :eek:

FrankenScotty

Great pick up,

Who ever grabbed that only needs the BeNi now to complete the KBI set,

Good luck there, only around fifty produced, I think!!

geogolf

www.theclubcollector.com
Huntard said:
Winning bid is a cool $1697.

The highest bid was $500 two days ago. I thought it was outrageous someone would pay that much for an old Ping. What do I know? :eek:
Wasn't too long ago (it seems) that it would have brought probably 3 times that $1600 Bid. Several have popped up on eBay but this looked like a great example.

lumpy

That's a real nice one. Grip and shaft band are original. If you look in my book there is a picture of a pair ( BeCu and BeNi ) that I had in my possession years ago. Someone sent them to me to sell but wanted $7500 for the pair and it was right after the 2008 market crash. The pristine versions of rare pings have come back up in value but no where they once were.

The Cabot BeCu Anser from about 1977 is about as hard to find as a BeNi KBI. Maybe even harder.

Lump

Markping

That's a real nice one. Grip and shaft band are original. If you look in my book there is a picture of a pair ( BeCu and BeNi ) that I had in my possession years ago. Someone sent them to me to sell but wanted $7500 for the pair and it was right after the 2008 market crash. The pristine versions of rare pings have come back up in value but no where they once were.

The Cabot BeCu Anser from about 1977 is about as hard to find as a BeNi KBI. Maybe even harder.

Lump
Do you have any pics of the Cabot BeCu? Can’t find any on the net?

PingCabot

Hello, I have had a Ping Anser that is copper beryllium for many years and started doing a little research tonight on it. From what I have determined it is a Cabot BeCu putter but I am not sure the value. I have seen old posts referencing $1500-$2500 and saw as much as $25000. What is a good resource to appraise. From what I read it is a rare find and less than 150 were made?

FrankenScotty

Mr Cabot,
Welcome to Putter Talk,
An appraisal will require a few pictures at least,
For the one's here that would have the most knowledge in this respect,
A nice rarity it would seem.

FrankenScotty

I have never seen that cavity photo, she is in nice condition as well,
34" is my length too, unfortunately,
Can you show us a shot of the shaftband all the way around as well please, and is there any other markings or printing on the shaft,
Also, do you remember what the original grip was, or looked like, before having her cut down and re-gripped to your gaming length,
I would say that Lumpy is the best bet for any additional information on your requests possibly. A very nice Anser. Cheers.