Ping Anser Putter

FrankenScotty

No Guts, No Glory!!
You are right about the Zing look,

I bought the missus a set for her birthday years ago, large sweet spot though,

If you like high toe putters, check out Kari Lajosi's board from a couple of posts up.

fuzzyrichard

All the gear, no idea
I've already seen Kari's work.. stunning! especially his melted inlays or whatever they are called.. I think from memory I watched a video of how he does it somewhere.

I'm not really after a new putter at the moment.. have far too many already, no doubt like most people on PT, although I do have my eye on one on the bay at the mo.. don't we all? ;)

Gunz72

You guys are too far ahead for me to understand. Perhaps I will live long enough to catch up.

Thanks for all of the information.

Gunz

FrankenScotty

No Guts, No Glory!!
Sorry about hijacking your thread Gunz,

Don't worry, the more that you hang around this site, the quicker you will catch up, guaranteed!! It is only familiarity that needs to be learned, you have done pretty well for your first posts!!

FrankenScotty

No Guts, No Glory!!
G'day Fuzz,

What type of putter are you looking for at present?

I have a few of Kari's putters, my usual gamer is currently back with him having a refurbishment,

I had a round today and took a Hi-Toe putter with me, having pleasing results (pic attached),

Did you mean the Lizard Melt putters (pics attached)? He is always thinking young Kari, true craftsman, great bloke,

Some of his putters may look a bit "showy", but they are ALL fully functional.

Attachments

fuzzyrichard

All the gear, no idea
I'm not really looking for a putter Steve but that hi toe Lajosi looks sweet

I'm a big Mills No 12 fan and like the Nellie and hi toe Fleetwood and that Lajosi looks to have similar design elements to those. Post some more pics of it please Steve.

And yes, I did mean the Lizard melt.. these putters may be a bit blingy but they show off what craftsmen can do and you can only be amazed by their talent.

FrankenScotty

No Guts, No Glory!!
Yeah Fuzz, I have a Spalding era Mills No 12, nice putter,

As you have seen on the TP Mills Board,

Here are a couple of pics, of the high toe

Medium face mill, high toe, carbon steel, satin black chrome plating,

Magnetic strip sealing headcover, black kangaroo Tour grip (would never game anything else),

Stepless shaft, not sure of the headweight, but somewhere around 345 grams,

Attachments

FrankenScotty

No Guts, No Glory!!
All Kari's putters are sweet Fuzz, I have a couple and could easily game any one of them, often do actually,

Yes, Kari refurbed a number of Spalding TP's for me,

But they weren't black oxed, he plated them in satin black chrome I think, so they will not need any further upkeep.

fuzzyrichard

All the gear, no idea
I've "liked" his facebook page.. I might well spread the word to my Aussie facebook golfing friends.

Thinking it'd be cost prohibitive to snap one up for myself.. blinking Import Duty.

FrankenScotty

No Guts, No Glory!!
I understand about your Customs and Government Taxes on Imports,

I don't know if you have ever seen it, but the 1972 film "The Adventures of Barry McKenzie" has a take on it,

The scene after Barry and Edna land at Heathrow is worth watching, don't forget it is 1972, the world was a different place then, it should give you a chuckle though.

If you get the chance to get hold of a Lajosi, I would recommend it.