pair of sweet blades

myphed

Dubbed the Flores blade at it's inception I saw the second prototype in LaMont's shop. It was beautiful, elegant and of course I needed one.....or two! LaMont had also just received a block of GSS so I decide on a pair, one carbon, one GSS, #'s 3 & 4 of this head. If you follow Lamont on Instagram you may have caught a couple glimpses of their progress. The name of the head will most likely be changed to the Dallas blade for good reasons but now theses are both in my hands and here are some pics! Thank you LaMont for these handmades, truly awesome!

Attachments

rclarke1

trying to get back on course......
Gorgeous Robb!
Both are just awesome!
Congratulations!
Love the swan necks!
RC

phishpharm14

Utter Putter Lover
Ooooooo :eek: and with sugar skull covers to boot. I love the face milling on each. Beauties Robb, and great execution as always Mr. Mann!

Ripple

Love the shape of that blade.
Really sharp overall look with the contrasts, millings, finish, neck etc.....very nicely done . And that headcover has attitude all over it!
What is length and width? Looks like full offset, curious about the lie.
I want one!

myphed

Ripple said:
Love the shape of that blade.
Really sharp overall look with the contrasts, millings, finish, neck etc.....very nicely done . And that headcover has attitude all over it!
What is length and width? Looks like full offset, curious about the lie.
I want one!
Yes 3/4 to full offset is my preference. 70 degree lie and 35" long. Both are 4 3/16" in length and 1.25" in width. The GSS has a high toe.

Golfluvzme

The little guy just working harder, ;-)
Big THANKS to Robb for posting this pair. I am trying to keep up with pix, but I have been taking most of my pictures with my iPhone and it can get hard to post them on so many sites, after a full day of milling/clean-up/finishing/stamping, etch. Your pix make my putters look like rock stars!
If things go as planned, you will see this model in 2016 as a CNC base head milling and a wide array of neck options.
The first two prototypes each had removable weights, so that may be an upgrade option. I have yet to make a final decision on that feature.
Building this pair for Robb was a true pleasure. They were a long time in the making, but he was a trooper and never once complained. As long as guys keep in touch, their putters always get done and the end results are usually worth the wait. I would love to say that it always ends this way, but that would be false advertising.
I LOVE THIS PAIR and cannot wait to craft the fifth piece in this style, possibly as the model needed to pass off to the CNC shop, eh?
Keep us up to date on how these bad boys roll the rock and thanks again, Robb for sharing your gems!
LaMont in AZ

ggriffiniii

The sole on the GSS looks really nice. Elegant and unique. How was it done? Is it a satin finish where the lettering was masked prior to blasting making the letters more of a brushed polish and the rest satin? It's hard to tell from the picture.

Golfluvzme

Every time I see this pair, I forget that I made them and I start to drool, LMAO! My favorite design, so far, I think. If I could have any putter done in a CNC head start, THIS would be the one. Probably in the exact same shape as the GSS piece in this thread.
Lets see if I can make it happen.
LaMont in AZ

thegooddoctor

Lamont 100% agree, this is such a beautiful head shape. The lines are very similar to many of the putters Gene Nead was doing when he was going full speed on the site and that is mean as a big compliment and please take it as that. Always love your work! My Baby Brahma is with Kevin right now for a refinish, will post pics when I get it back
Cheers
Evan

Golfluvzme

With my new CNC guy doing some great work on the MA/66 and WB•XL in both LH and RH, the Dallas might be a good way to challenge him a little with a reverse-engineered project. I would provide him with a dimensioned drawing.........if I had ever done one for this model, ;).
Keep your fingers crossed. This putter was designed for a purpose that never materialized, but sure sounded good in the planning stages. It brought to my attention, the true character of a man who I had looked up to at one time and one day, maybe at a MannMade Collector's Gathering, it will make for a good story.
Thanks for bringing this one back up to my eye and keep checking in.
LaMont in AZ

Golfluvzme

I believe that is possible. Let me go back thru all of my pix of this model and get my bearings on doing it, again.