Old wood shaft putter?

brioma33

Hello,
I have a question about this old wood shaft club that I believe to be a putter. I already know that it has very little value, I am just curious about the markings on the bottom. It is marked, 10H. What does that marking mean? The shaft is still straight and I actually use this as a putter once in a while.

Attachments

dalyfan

The H&B company made these around 1939. The 10 indicates approach putter. The H represent Hickory shaft. If it was a 10S that would be a steel shaft.

bgk

I need a hickory shaft replaced. Early 20's style. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

brioma33

I don’t know the term, approach putter. Does that make this more of a chipper than a putter? Does the 10 make this a 10 degree putter/chipper?

Oneputt

Lots of people consider an Anser style or an 8802 style or a Bullseye style to be a "blade putter" But they're not blade putters.
The OP's putter is a true blade putter.

dalyfan

Perhaps the designation of approach putter means that it had a little more loft than a standard putter did back in the day.

bargolf

Hello,
I have a question about this old wood shaft club that I believe to be a putter. I already know that it has very little value, I am just curious about the markings on the bottom. It is marked, 10H. What does that marking mean? The shaft is still straight and I actually use this as a putter once in a while.
Back in the day when I was trying to play for a living I bent one of these to 3 degrees loft and used it as my putter.