Old School DH11 W/Interesting Stamp

jt2gt

Thought I would post this one up here. Great feeling DH11 carbon w/ slot and 360G stamped on toe. Has nice little click on each putt. Anyone know what "1st OFF" stamp on the sole means. Maybe nothing...like "Tour Only", etc,

fharbist

J.T., don't know for sure. Maybe first off the production line?? I thought David Mills used to do something like that, although I think the stamp was something like "First Run". In any event, nice stick. If you ever tire of it, let me know. I love the older x11 models.

Mr. Doug

Here we go!
Staff member
"1st Off" for Byron means that was one of the first two putters ever milled. (They're milled in pairs.) So, no....it's not like stamping "Tour Only" it's much more special than that.

Great putter! Very rare head, and the fact that it's one of the first ones ever milled and likely the only one of those two outside of Byron's shop...you have a great and rare putter there.

jt2gt

Yep...non byron stamped name in pocket. Would love to have byron remove and refinish, but not sure he would/could do it. It would be great to get it back to original look, but oh well.

Scotty1140

Yep...non byron stamped name in pocket. Would love to have byron remove and refinish, but not sure he would/could do it. It would be great to get it back to original look, but oh well.
I think I know whose that is/was.

I’m sure Byron could weld his name up and smooth it out.

Still, sweet putter nonetheless.

jt2gt

Yes, you prob. do. I've had it for a bit now and was very happy to get it from him. As far as welding up, I should check with Byron. I know others that will do it, but not sure Byron still does.

BTW...I have a brown Welshman HC coming from JIMBOBUC21 that will be a great match for this one. Bring it back full old school.

jt2gt

The man himself has it right now. Just playing the waiting game. Should come back amazing with oil can finish. Put in a good word for me with Byron and will post pics here when its done.;)

jt2gt

Not performing any surgery on it, like you probably would have him do.;) Keeping it plumbers neck. I like to have at least one plumber in the stable.

jt2gt

No...someone did an aftermarket finish on it. Putter is back with Byron getting a nice restoration with Oil Can finish. Will post pics here when complete. Looking forward to it....missing my only plumbers neck.