New Putting and Fitting Tools

bargolf

Anyone who is interested and not currently a client I have simple step by step instructions on how to identify your Profile. PM me here or send email to Burnt Edges address.

timastyle

Looks great Bruce. I'll be contacting you about one of these. In the meantime, can you tell me what dimension of the Tracer is? Also, is there a way we can use it for periodic vision test to make sure nothing has changed?

bargolf

35 inches long 8 inches wide. Yes use the indicator bar and there is a target line on the insert.

bargolf

Brad is a 4. Those are just examples off the top of my head. There is a better than 95% probability you fit into one of the profiles.

Cols_Ears

Come on then Bruce - explain to me what profile would need one of these new Odyssey Toe Up putters, can't for the life of me work out who this would work for...

http://www.golfpunkhq.com/equipment/article/odyssey-toe-up-putter

bargolf

Enhanced Steer Technology? They are built to be low rotation no matter how you set up. Putter swings you.

timastyle

Where do the other 5% fall and what's the cause? Have you been able to get that Bruce? I imagine that it's because the person doesn't know their stroke or able to do it consistently. At least in part to that...

bargolf

Just a quick update. Really feel good about our first two weeks. We have placed the aid in some very good player's hands and they are really pleased. It hadn't occurred to me but a parent of one of my college clients asked me if this was the first putting aid customized to a specific stroke? I doubt it is the first as I haven't seen them all. But it is an aid based on player specifics, not forcing the stroke to a pattern.

I have changed my pricing for my online clients to $250.00. We determine your Profile, send you the customized Tracer and proper insert, use the tool as a reference for putter-fitting and strategy building. PM me if interested.

Bruce

eddiea54

Got to see this in person guys. It's a very accurate and helpful tool. You can tell Bruce has put a bunch of time into this.

PJ

Bruce, I have rolled about 100 putts on this thing and already discovered (and corrected) 3 things I didn't realize I had been doing. You have really nailed it on the design of this. I think you already know I have enough putting aids to have earned the nickname 'Inspector Gadget' at a former club. None come close to this and the secret is the fact that this is fit to my individual stroke pattern. It is just as great indoors or out also.

I think this is bringing me back from the claw to a conventional grip. Well done on developing this tool!

bargolf

Thanks PJ,

It has been quite rewarding. One thing for sure, the subtle differences we can discover makes all the difference. We also have enough experience with young players and beginners to know that even beginning golfers have preferences that need to be utilized and not neglected to fit the popular method.

Bruce

bargolf

Bruce, I'm curious. What do you do for these folks?
Do you fit them for a Side-Saddle / Face-On putter?
Do you have a recommended technique?
Rarely hear from a side saddle, but the few times I have, we ended up with a toe up model at max upright. I used the Axis1 like Justin Rose uses.