My First Byron

Coach_1

Got my first Byron last week. Only got to play one round so far and it rolled the ball beautifully and made a lot of putts. Picked it up used on wrx and was supposed to be all standard specs. But it’s 3* flat and sits open and toe hang is in the 8 o’clock position. Must fit me good because I make putts with it. Love the way it feels and swings. Gonna be in the bag for a long while and it’s beautiful.

Attachments

fharbist

It's a weird system, but that's what would be called 4:30 or 5:00 o'clock(+/-). Imagine looking at the clock from the grip side of the club, not from the vantage point of this camera..... Like I said, weird system.

And I think the Bettinardi folks even use a slightly different system. To them, this would be called 1/2 toe hang (I believe). It's about 1/2 of the way from face-balanced to straight down...

And, of course, I could be all wrong here too. But I think this is right.

fharbist

BTW, it's a beautiful putter. Sorry the specs are off, but great news that you're pouring it in the hole. That's what counts!!

Coach_1

It's a weird system, but that's what would be called 4:30 or 5:00 o'clock(+/-). Imagine looking at the clock from the grip side of the club, not from the vantage point of this camera..... Like I said, weird system.

And I think the Bettinardi folks even use a slightly different system. To them, this would be called 1/2 toe hang (I believe). It's about 1/2 of the way from face-balanced to straight down...

And, of course, I could be all wrong here too. But I think this is right.
Lol gotcha! I knew I had to be doing something wrong. Thanks for the info. Also my first putter with just a sight dot. I’ve always depended on that line to help me aim. Hopefully she keeps making it rain! First putter to beat out Betsy my trusty OG Futura. Yes I used a Futura for the last umpteen years. I’d rather make putts then look cool. Now I have the best of both worlds. Still haven’t found a name for her yet. I’m weird and name all my stuff that’s good to me. My hunting/3d bow is Eleanor.

Coach_1

By the way, I didn’t think I’d like that magnetic closure cover. But after using it I really really like it. Easy to get on and off and doesn’t fuzz out the fabric.

JunkerJorge

Lol gotcha! I knew I had to be doing something wrong. Thanks for the info. Also my first putter with just a sight dot. I’ve always depended on that line to help me aim. Hopefully she keeps making it rain! First putter to beat out Betsy my trusty OG Futura. Yes I used a Futura for the last umpteen years. I’d rather make putts then look cool. Now I have the best of both worlds. Still haven’t found a name for her yet. I’m weird and name all my stuff that’s good to me. My hunting/3d bow is Eleanor.
It’s a beautiful putter. Drain a ton of putts with it. Maybe you just discovered your new specs. But you can get the lie adjusted to your liking.

Coach_1

Just wanted to give an update. The dh89 is permanently in my bag. I’m putting the best I’ve putted in years! I couldn’t miss the other day. Hope it keeps up. People here in Oklahoma are always asking what the putter is and where to get one. I enjoy talking about it and showing it off.