Mr. Doug's Collection - 2.0

Mr. Doug

Here we go!
Staff member
Behold! This is the entirety of the "Mr. Doug Collection" right now.

As many of you know, I had about 50 putters stolen out of my car in Atlanta in June of 2017 when I was loading up the car from my apartment to move back to Cleveland. Someone got away with a few dozen "one of a kind" putters that mostly had "Mr. Doug" stamped on them. SERIOUS bummer. I'm sure as soon as they realized they had nothing of value to anyone but me, they ended up in a dumpster in Buckhead. Whatever...it's just stuff.

So here goes. This is all I had left.

Scotty Cameron Newport with "My Boy" stamped on the bumpers, and a 21" shaft. (I've got an A COA for it.)
Byron Morgan Copper High Back
Byron Morgan DH 89 in carbon. (This was the first DH89 ever shipped out of his studio.)

I'll be adding more really soon, and will keep the thread updated as new arrivals show up.

Attachments

rclarke1

trying to get back on course......
So glad you can still cherish these!
Most of my collection is hung out in the post right now due to my relocation I hope to be reunited soon....
All the best!
RC

Jimbobuc21

If my GIR was higher, my scores would be lower.
I think we should all donate a putter to Mr. Doug as a thank you for all he does here... not a junk putter, something that says 'Thanks' in an appropriate way...

Jimbo 8)

Mr. Doug

Here we go!
Staff member
I didn't get any back. These were the ones that were in Cleveland.

Please don't donate anything to me. I'll build it back up eventually. Right now, I'm just concentrating on getting the site back to its former glory.

Last edited:

Rob McHugh

Try to be the Person Your Dog Thinks You Are
I still get bummed when I think about someone stealing your cherished putters mate!

I am glad you put these up and want to say THANK YOU for this site. ;)

Rob

Rob McHugh

:: currently fixing all the things that have been bugging me for months :::

- and the older I get, the more there are! ;D

Rob

Scotty1140

Your 'binary' solid copper DH89 was was of the coolest putters I have ever seen. Such a shame it's either sitting in some garbage dump or sitting in some crook's basement.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Wowsers ! The theft you suffered is a true nightmare.

Not for the monetary value as such (Although that’s bad enough), but for the time, effort, customisation, obsolete and one-off models etc that nothing can ever replace.

Glad you’ve got the passion to get back on it collecting again. And look forward to seeing what you now add to your base....

**Eclectic tastes regarding weights, neck styles, sight lines etc ? Or do / will all adhere to a general theme ?

Mr. Doug

Here we go!
Staff member
They were all a loss to me. Every one of them special for a different reason. Like, a TP Mills putter made for Bear Bryant...putter that Scotty made for Garrett when he was born...first DH89 that Byron ever milled...custom that Bettinardi sent me as a thanks for making PT...first Mini that Gene Nead ever made...and about 45 more stories like that. Literally none of them are replaceable. Anyway...moving along.

No rhyme or reason to what I have. Right now, it's just stuff that I've accumulated along the way. I've got some cool stuff on the way that'll make for good posts in the future.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
They were all a loss to me.......Like, a TP Mills putter made for Bear Bryant...putter that Scotty made for Garrett when he was born...first DH89 that Byron ever milled...custom that Bettinardi sent me as a thanks for making PT...first Mini that Gene Nead ever made...and about 45 more stories like that.
I literally can’t imagine that empty feeling / rage / disbelief upon it happening. Sickening....

Here’s to moving forward though.

Documented here of course :cool:

Rob McHugh

Good to see you back off the canvas Doug!

Great collection already and a GREAT mugshot mate - taken like a true photographer!

Rob

pseudonumb

Cinderella story, outta nowhere...
I still get bummed when I think about someone stealing your cherished putters mate!

I am glad you put these up and want to say THANK YOU for this site. ;)

Rob
I agree with the sentiments expressed here - sorry for your loss, but a big thank you for a great site, which is now even better