Mike - Oxford, UK

One_7

Evening folks,

Stumbles across this little forum, I’m looking to hopefully start making a few putters, I’m based near Oxford in the UK. Fortunate enough to have been a machinist for the last 15 years and wouldn’t do anything else!! Figured it was time to turn my attention to making something I can use so I’ll be picking your brains in the not too distant future!!

Ta, Mike

johnny5

Welcome Mike! I found this place January 2018 and still finding cool stuff to read.
Enjoy!

Jimbobuc21

If my GIR was higher, my scores would be lower.
Check out the archives… lots of great stuff to be read.
Welcome... there are some guys you might contact, but there is so much repetition that I'd look for function, out of the box design, and an eye to quality for your hallmarks.
Jimbo :cool:

One_7

Thanks for the welcome folks!! I've finished a couple of heads so far that I've shared on Instagram (I won't share it here as I'm not sure of the rules yet!!)
I hear you on the repetition, it's almost like you've got to make an Anser style head, or a carbon copy Newport.
I really like old putters, my eBay watch list is chock full of them, so hoping to go the route of moderised vintage styles, simple just well machined, quality is my #1 priority!!

Ta, Mike

Oneputt

Thanks for the welcome folks!! I've finished a couple of heads so far that I've shared on Instagram (I won't share it here as I'm not sure of the rules yet!!)
I hear you on the repetition, it's almost like you've got to make an Anser style head, or a carbon copy Newport.
I really like old putters, my eBay watch list is chock full of them, so hoping to go the route of moderised vintage styles, simple just well machined, quality is my #1 priority!!

Ta, Mike
Why not post photos of your putter creations here at this forum ?

Rob McHugh

Try to be the Person Your Dog Thinks You Are
Welcome aboard Mike. Lots of great people and knowledge to be found here. Looking forward to seeing some of your product! :)

Rob