Left handed Anser 85029 question please

Steven C

Hi folks...brand new to this forum, and yes...I have searched Lumpy's amazing resource before posting here. I have a LH Anser with the cavity marking of US Pat.No. D207227 Karsten Mfg. Corp. Phoenix, Ariz. 85029. I guess beacuse it's a lefty it has the Anser on the left and Ping on the right...opposite the RH models. Black band with old Ping logo and original deteriorated golfing man Pro Only grip. Not a Dale Head. Interested in date of manufacture and relative scarcity. Thanks..photos coming real soon10896910897010897120190630_220536.jpg20190630_220442.jpg20190630_220103.jpg

Last edited:

RobotDoctor

Coffee drinking hacker
Being that it's a left handed model they aren't as common as right handed models. Then again, there are fewer left handed players compared to right handed. I agree with oneputt's assessment. This putter appears to be in really good condition. Would be interested to see the top line and face. If flawless then I'd figure between $75-$85.

Steven C

Thanks...realized this should be in the Ping section of the forum so I reposted...lots more photos there and as far as $$$...never asked but thanks for that too. 50 plus years in near perfect condition and it isn't even worth the price of a new one. Always wondered about that with "collectibles"

Oneputt

Thanks...realized this should be in the Ping section of the forum so I reposted...lots more photos there and as far as $$$...never asked but thanks for that too. 50 plus years in near perfect condition and it isn't even worth the price of a new one. Always wondered about that with "collectibles"
In golf....... "collectibles" are only especially expensive when same is used by Tour pros. For example, in the 1960's, 70's and 80's Tour pros played with 1950's era oil hardened persimmon woods, so those clubs were very collectible and expensive. But once Tour pros stopped playing persimmon woods, the collectible market pricing tanked.
These days Tour pros are no longer swinging the older model Ping putters, and neither are avid amateur players, so there are relatively few people interested to buy them. Golf equipment is all about "tech" these days, so any product more than a few years old usually depreciates in value quite a bit.