In need of help with ordering a TP Mills putter...

itssookay

Hi all,

I've wanted a TP Mills handmade for quite some time now and have been trying to get in contact with someone from the company for 3+ months, to no avail.

Can anyone direct me to who I have to get in contact with to put in a custom order?

Also, I currently game a SWAG Handsome One... As I prefer the Newport head, which is the right head for me? Trad, Trad 2, Trad XL, or Trad 2 XL?

itssookay

@JelUltra Thank you for the insight! May I ask what the differences are between all the Trad models? Apologies for such a TPM noobie question 😢

To clarify, I'm more leaning towards like a 009 dalehead style... which would I guess fall within the Newport style spectrum of things lol idk 😖

JelUltra

Mmmm... Buttery Blades!
No worries - this is a fun place to ask questions. Check this thread out:

We used to have a bunch of pinned threads that would help out newcomers, I'll see if I can dig a few up.

In general, the Trad has flat bumpers, the Trad II has rounded bumpers, and the XLs are a slightly wider footprint (from face to back)

JelUltra

Mmmm... Buttery Blades!
Hmmm. I can't find the old introduction to the TP Mills brand thread. There was a lot of nice information on that one.

JunkerJorge

@JelUltra Thank you for the insight! May I ask what the differences are between all the Trad models? Apologies for such a TPM noobie question 😢

To clarify, I'm more leaning towards like a 009 dalehead style... which would I guess fall within the Newport style spectrum of things lol idk 😖
Nothing wrong with the “dalehead” style, but if you’re thinking Mills just check out some of the original styles like the heritage, Ming, softail, klassic, etc. if you are looking for something that plays similar. You might just find they grow on you. Trads are nice too.

itssookay

@JunkerJorge I was very very much into the TPM1 as a kid but found that I have quite a lot of toe hang with the necks that I liked on them... Switched around head shapes quite a bit throughout my junior years (actually stuck with a #9 shape for most of them) and ended up settling on the "dalehead" shape this year. Love the toe hang, rounded bumpers and the squarish setup!

itssookay

Ahh I was just able to get in contact with David yesternight!!! I asked about the Trad 2 though... waitinf for a response as of now... @oneaugusta I wonder if it's too late (or even rude) to ask David about the Dale head 😢 That one's a beaut my guy!

itssookay

@JelUltra @oneaugusta Huge shout out to you guys for a lot of the helpful info with this process! I was able to get in contact with David and finalized the details for my order just now. Will be shelling out the $$$ and the waiting game begins... Black Ox "Dale" head w/PN and Tiffany Blue/White paint fills 🥰🥰🥰

@smitty She's a classy beaut! Super clean to look at 🤞

@JunkerJorge Thank you for the suggestions - I've been looking at some of the classic head shapes and I may be leaning towards a soft tail / TPM #1 for my next flatstick... 😆

itssookay

@JelUltra @oneaugusta Huge shout out to you guys for a lot of the helpful info with this process! I was able to get in contact with David and finalized the details for my order just now. Will be shelling out the $$$ and the waiting game begins... Black Ox "Dale" head w/PN and Tiffany Blue/White paint fills 🥰🥰🥰
Edit: It will be a stainless steel head with a Flamed finish! Thinking it'll look AWESOME but just wondering how durable the finish really is?

RT301

You can ask for a clearcoat to be applied to the head after Flaming is complete. I had this done to my SS softtail. Can't say about the durability because I've yet to game it; but it looks great!!!
Maybe others can post pics of gamed and worn flamed SS?

tim

oneaugusta

I personally don't care for the look of the clear coat on SS or carbon, just ruins it for me. As for durability, mine still looks great after 3 months. I just wash with soft cloth and soapy water from time to time.
I did appy a coat of Meguiar's newest polymer called "Ulitmate" wax to it to help keep the UV rays from fading it. It did not change the original look of the putter.