• LP421

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LP808

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

FrankenScotty

Gee, they are all pretty pure to use!!
I often take a different one out for a run,
I have had the Sensor from my avatar, in the bag for a few years now, but sometimes I take a cracking DD 201 Proto along instead,
Cheers Steve.

Rob McHugh

Try to be the Person Your Dog Thinks You Are
Took the LP808 for a run today, but if I had to putt for my life - the DD201 every time. 👍

FrankenScotty

These are the two I was referring to,
Grabbed a couple of nice mid range birdies with the Sensor today actually,
I probably like the address look of the DD201a little more, (I have a small Ping collection though), (so could be a little biased here),
But as Rob suggests, if I was putting for my life, I would have to use the Sensor, as it has served me very well, in the few years that I have had her.
The Al/Brz insert in the face is brilliant too, I would have it in every putter that I own willingly.

This topic post is about aesthetics, more so than "gamer" though, isn't it? Cheers Steve.

IMG_0237.jpgIMG_0236.jpg

Last edited:

FrankenScotty

Thought that I would post up the Lajosi's that I have gamed over the 11 or so years, since I first was acquainted with Kari,
I haven't used any other brand since my first Lajosi in 2008, from memory it being the KLP 19 "Sweet",
This was followed by a KLP 4 (wave grooves) for eighteen months or so, then an early DD 201, which stayed in the bag for at least three years.
After that, feeling like a change to a pocketed blade style, this KLP 404 did the job for at least two years as well, I even sent it back to Kari for a refurb, as I was expecting it to stay on as my gamer.
Then the introduction of the Sensor model appealed to me, so I acquired this inserted version, which is still in residence.
Kari's craftsmanship was sensational at the start and his skill now is without peer. Cheers Steve.

IMG_0246.jpgIMG_0247.jpgIMG_0250.jpgIMG_0251.jpgIMG_0254.jpgIMG_0255.jpgIMG_0258.jpgIMG_0259.jpgIMG_0262.jpgIMG_0263.jpg

mattc

I just got a brushed copper plated widebody which feels pretty good but I need to steepen the lie angle and change the grip (I think-See post in general comments) before judging. My original DD201 makes more putts than I ever made with a Cameron Newport I used from '95 until I got the Lajosi DD201. It's so solid but still feels incredibly soft. He softened the lines for me upon request which I think is referred to as the Tai treatment?

DD201.JPGWidebody.jpg

j.a.

My L-blade flange is a magic putter, very simple design, no alignment marks and glorious results. I might not be a great golfer but when I’m on the green and use my putter, the ball goes where it has to go, period.

FrankenScotty

Plus one there J.A.
The old round might be going pearshaped, but you know when you get onto the green and take out the Lajosi, reliability will kick in,
Often, more than a couple of times a round sometimes, something extra gratifying happens with a Lajosi in hand, a long bomb, sinking a difficult putt off the dance floor (don't putt off the green very often), or even a real solid day between six and ten feet.
Can't sing Kari's praises loudly enough.

j.a.

Plus one there J.A.
The old round might be going pearshaped, but you know when you get onto the green and take out the Lajosi, reliability will kick in,
Often, more than a couple of times a round sometimes, something extra gratifying happens with a Lajosi in hand, a long bomb, sinking a difficult putt off the dance floor (don't putt off the green very often), or even a real solid day between six and ten feet.
Can't sing Kari's praises loudly enough.
I remembered your comments today as I changed the grip of my L-Blade flange to a Garsen Max and it was a memorable day on the green and even one off the dance floor! Now I have plans to get a sister putter ;-)

FrankenScotty

Great to hear JA,
Give us a hint on Sis's specs?
I am glad that your new grip choice is working for you, as we are all different that way,
I have tried quite a few sized grips, I just don't get the feel through the hands at impact with a fatter style, my favourite on an old PING is the PP58,
But the best putter grip that I have used, and that goes on any serious gamer, for me, is Kari's Gripmaster Tour Kangaroo leather,
They are brilliant for my smallish hands, and the feedback through those hands, is great,
As you quoted here, if you pull out a Lajosi to take a putt, it just instills confidence, and if the ball doesn't go in, or from a bit of range it isn't tap in after that distance attempt, you certainly can't blame the putter, my distance control in the ten or so years using a Lajosi, has been impeccable, from what it was previously, again, can't sing Kari's praises enough, so thank you for your comments in your previous post, and Kari of course, cheers Steve.

FrankenScotty

There is nothing like the excitement of planning a new custom putter,
Waiting for it to be built (seems to take sooooooo long, after agreeance with Kari, on the design stage), with heightened excitement as each day passes, and wondering if your friendly postman has forgotten where you live!!
It sounds like you might be going with the stability shaft on this one JA?

Last edited:

j.a.

There is nothing like the excitement of planning a new custom putter,
Waiting for it to be built (seems to take sooooooo long, after agreeance with Kari, on the design stage), with heightened excitement as each day passes, and wondering if your friendly postman has forgotten where you live!!
It sounds like you might be going with the stability shaft on this one JA?
Of course that we have an advantage which is that we live in Australia and can grab the phone anytime. I enjoy chatting with Kari and I visited him... wow that was more than 2 years ago! I need to go there again ;)

FrankenScotty

Cheers to that JA,
Best go in summer though, but then again you might still get frostbite in January!! In Ye Olde Melbourne Town,
I found that the company kept down there, thaws that out though, cheers Steve.