Fake Rory limited edition?

Tell me what You experts think about this One. Legit? And the SSS? Is that surgical stainless Steel och a fake coverup for gss? /Fredrik from Sweden

Mr. Doug

Here we go!
Staff member
From the pics that I see there, comparing it to the official pics on the Titleist website, I'd say that one is legit. That was a 989 unit run, so they're not especially rare. Everything looks in order to me. Perhaps someone else will chime in, but I don't see a lot of people faking that putter. $1,500 seems to be about the right price that someone would ask for it...

zzyzxx33

Thanks. And the SSS? Is it really surgical stainless Steel?
I can't recall what the 3rd "S" stand for in "SSS", maybe Studio Stainless Steel. But, I read that Scotty add the third "S", because people were adding "G" in font of the 2 "SS" and selling them as "GSS", German Stainless Steel, model which are much more expensive.

TMAC

I can't recall what the 3rd "S" stand for in "SSS", maybe Studio Stainless Steel. But, I read that Scotty add the third "S", because people were adding "G" in font of the 2 "SS" and selling them as "GSS", German Stainless Steel, model which are much more expensive.
That is EXACTLY why there are 3 S's (SSS). Because people were turning the 2 S's into GSS.
Scotty has been doing SSS for quite awhile. Only the older putters have SS on them.