DIY Putter Fitting 10 Ball Roll

bargolf

I get a lot of comments on ball roll. People like to tell me what someone told them I guess. The truth is that the sooner you understand that the ground is what creates roll and not the putter. The sooner you can worry about what matters. Like ball speed (when it does start to roll) and direction.

Cols_Ears

Would it be true to say Bruce that most indoor studios have low friction surfaces that don't realistically compare to proper greens? I know the one I was at recently was stimped at 13, which is a good deal faster than anything I play on outdoors.

bargolf

Would it be true to say Bruce that most indoor studios have low friction surfaces that don't realistically compare to proper greens? I know the one I was at recently was stimped at 13, which is a good deal faster than anything I play on outdoors.
No doubt. I often see a real problem when players are fit for distance control using counter weighting, then can't get the ball to the hole. we think another way is to fit for time and tempo and see if that enhances the feel.

Or they are on a low friction surface and are told the have too much skid and they base the fit on reducing it. Then they get out on the golf course and drive the ball into the turf.