Custom Ordering Betti

jh

Anyone custom ordered a Betti? I'm wanting to buy the Arm lock version, but wanted to see if anyone has custom ordered? I sent in an inquiry, but wanted to check with you guys first!

tsecor

I tried to place an order but kept hitting road blocks....they are busy with the summer social right now so there is a waiting list

MattM97

I emailed them before the summer social. Price is up there for sure, they quoted me at $2,000 to start. But this is full design, customization, CNC time, fitting (if you can make it in), build, etc.

So not a small chunk of change by any means, if you are looking to try an armlock I'd just buy an OTR or something used then go from there.

dwboston

I emailed them before the summer social. Price is up there for sure, they quoted me at $2,000 to start. But this is full design, customization, CNC time, fitting (if you can make it in), build, etc.

So not a small chunk of change by any means, if you are looking to try an armlock I'd just buy an OTR or something used then go from there.
I had a custom Bettinardi (BB0 Flow, DASS, FIT face) made for my 50th birthday this year. No fitting, but it was a full custom and the price was well south of $2k.

MattM97

I had a custom Bettinardi (BB0 Flow) made for my 50th birthday this year. No fitting, but it was a full custom and the price was well south of $2k.
Really? How long ago? Also I know maybe faux pas but how much was it?

I'd love a custom bettinardi but that price turned me off. But if it was much less I may go about it.

bogie

I just received and email stating their custom prices are $2000.00-$2500.00. Too rich for a putter IMHO and I am a long time Bettinardi customer. All I was looking for was a 350 gram BB8, sound slot, rounded top line and minimum face milling or honeycomb with no special stampings. They should be able to pump one of those out for a reasonable price.

MattM97

I just received and email stating their custom prices are $2000.00-$2500.00. Too rich for a putter IMHO and I am a long time Bettinardi customer. All I was looking for was a 350 gram BB8, sound slot, rounded top line and minimum face milling or honeycomb with no special stampings. They should be able to pump one of those out for a reasonable price.
See I wasn't crazy when I posted this as their current price.

I'd pretty much want their Studio Stock 28 or 38 in left handed which can easily be done since it's a symmetrical design and maybe in a different metal but nothing crazy.

For that price I might as well try and jump on a release from the Hive for half the price or just go to another putter maker and get exactly what I want for $500 or so and buy another 2 or 3 down the road if I feel like it.

jh

Bettinardi told me they started at 2,000. I figured I could get something for around 800, so I passed!

tsecor

Try Lajosi and Mannkrafted as well. Both can be well below Betti. Bettis are absolutely beautiful so I'm sure they are well worth the $$ but that's the limiting factor for me as well.

tsecor

I just talked to the guys at Betti and like I said from day 1, its disappointing. First I had to wait 2 months to even speak to anyone, then I couldn't get the putter I wanted. At $2500 for a stainless putter, I would think you could pretty much get what you want. Then I was directed to another putter which I didn't like so it just ended up being a bad match. The putters are beautiful and I'm sure if its a good match for anyone it would be a good deal, but for me some other manufacturers were much more accommodating. Lajosi was great, Lamont was great (buying one from him) and Mills was awesome (buying one from David as well). Byron is very tough to get any questions answered. I wanted a B17 from them but the simplest question takes 2-3 weeks to get an answer. I had to move on from them. Maybe its just bad timing with Byron. You just have to find the right match for you

I just talked to the guys at Betti and like I said from day 1, its disappointing. First I had to wait 2 months to even speak to anyone, then I couldn't get the putter I wanted. At $2500 for a stainless putter, I would think you could pretty much get what you want. Then I was directed to another putter which I didn't like so it just ended up being a bad match. The putters are beautiful and I'm sure if its a good match for anyone it would be a good deal, but for me some other manufacturers were much more accommodating. Lajosi was great, Lamont was great (buying one from him) and Mills was awesome (buying one from David as well). Byron is very tough to get any questions answered. I wanted a B17 from them but the simplest question takes 2-3 weeks to get an answer. I had to move on from them. Maybe its just bad timing with Byron. You just have to find the right match for you
I had similar experience. Had in mind what I wanted, even sent hand sketched drawings to make it clear. They kept coming back with completely different head models and trying to push the new 2019 heads. It wasn't what I was wanting so our communication eventually just died out. Fine with me, as I would not have wanted to pay so much for something I wasn't 100% committed to.

MattM97

So Bettinardi just updated their Custom Putter page.

Now you selected one of their heads, no more design your own head. Pick either DASS or Carbon, the face milling and that's pretty much it. You can go wild on stamping, neck and finish if you want for even more. But I can't see how picking 3 simple things equals a $2,000 putter.

Seems like their offering even less and charging more these days. You can't even see the options they offer. Might be signing too many players and need customers to offset those costs.

bogie

I was cruising the eBay yesterday and found a "Tour BB8 355 Grams" mint for a really low price. It was shafted but no grip since the seller was going to cut it to length, then put on a choice of one of two grips. I told him to ship it as is and I will cut it down and put on a grip of my choice. Evidentially I saved about $1700.00+. It's a beauty and I will post pictures when it arrives from Canada.

MattM97

I was cruising the eBay yesterday and found a "Tour BB8 355 Grams" mint for a really low price. It was shafted but no grip since the seller was going to cut it to length, then put on a choice of one of two grips. I told him to ship it as is and I will cut it down and put on a grip of my choice. Evidentially I saved about $1700.00+. It's a beauty and I will post pictures when it arrives from Canada.
Can't wait to see pics

tsecor

So Bettinardi just updated their Custom Putter page.

Now you selected one of their heads, no more design your own head. Pick either DASS or Carbon, the face milling and that's pretty much it. You can go wild on stamping, neck and finish if you want for even more. But I can't see how picking 3 simple things equals a $2,000 putter.

Seems like their offering even less and charging more these days. You can't even see the options they offer. Might be signing too many players and need customers to offset those costs.
beautiful sticks, but unbelievable issues with customer service and not being able to get what you want for $2000+..... lajosi and mills and even Mannkrafted seem to be much better at working with the clients

MattM97

beautiful sticks, but unbelievable issues with customer service and not being able to get what you want for $2000+..... lajosi and mills and even Mannkrafted seem to be much better at working with the clients
For sure I mean for 2k I could grab a SWAG putter, a Toulon or whatever i want and have 700 or so to use on a coach so my putting is as nice as my putter