Classic High Toe Blade home for Short Stay

Golfluvzme

The little guy just working harder, ;-)
I made this one several months ago for a very special purpose, intro to an OEM. Names could not be shared then and probably best not shared now, but suffice to say that they went a different direction that did not even come close to the criteria that I was given. Details including a simple, clean milled face were part of this criteria and so my signature BarbedWire milling was held off in lieu of the milling you see in the pix. Such is life and I have to say that creating this putter was worth the time, no matter what its purpose winds up as.
She is hand milled from carbon steel and shaped with various tools, to give us what we see as lines, today. I used angle grinders, die grinders, belt sanders and several grits of wheels to get the look that you see here. Originally, she was polished to a very, very high sheen and looked like a piece of art. Following a bath in an old batch of black oxide, the first finish left "stains" and blotchy finish areas that I didn't think fit the bill. I did not have time, the first time thru to have it re-dipped, so it became a satin black oxide using glass beads and hit the road.
The head weight is approximately 347 grams, with the weights that are in place. I am turning new cylinders from NoChat tungsten that will boost that to 360 grams, this weekend. I'll also be looking at making some new shaped weights that will not require allen screws to hold them in place, but will instead thread right into the holes already threaded.
She flows in a very classic way and accompanied me last Sunday for a round here in Arizona. With the OEM Bullseye shaft done in black, a sweet GripMaster wrap grip and the current finish, the look is about as sinister and cool as one can get. She behaved masterfully and I would not hesitate to put her in the bag, anytime she comes to town.
Look for another of this model in the coming weeks. I have a plan in place to have four "production heads" by mid-March and this will be one of the offerings, I believe.
Thanks for checking out the new thread and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
LaMont in AZ

PS- Yes, there are stampings on the putter that had to be PhotoScaped out in order to keep the original purpose a secret. Just a little technicality to help my associate that was the go-between for the original dealing.

Attachments

Huntard

Let's talk about drivers! I mean putters!
This one is a beauty. However, I cannot remember any OEM is still releasing any true blade.

Golfluvzme

Nice to see this thread brought back up. That putter was one of my favorite looks at the time and remains in my list of top 10. There are some similarities to the Vault ZB, but also some big differences. 100% hand milled and hand shaped is probably the biggest difference. CNC and a talented programmer can do amazing things and that, IMHO, is not a negative, in any way.
LaMont in AZ

tsecor

Is like to get my hands on one of these for the right price and I definitely know the craftsmanship is well above the ping....I love the minimal offset too. where can we view this model? is this model available for order?

Last edited:

tsecor

This putter is sick.....I have settled on having Lamont make my dream putter. Its going to be a tribute putter to my late father who taught me the game of golf.......I wonder if Lamont will make this version again? Id like to get my hands on one of these as well. Have any left over?

Golfluvzme

I will certainly entertain making this putter, again. It was one of only four like it and each one was hand milled and shaped from raw block. I know that I have a supply of both 303 SS and 1018 CR Steel that would be the perfect size for this build.
Fire me a text at 480-580-5735 and we can get the ball rolling in the right direction.
Thanks,
LaMont in AZ

tsecor

I will certainly entertain making this putter, again. It was one of only four like it and each one was hand milled and shaped from raw block. I know that I have a supply of both 303 SS and 1018 CR Steel that would be the perfect size for this build.
Fire me a text at 480-580-5735 and we can get the ball rolling in the right direction.
Thanks,
LaMont in AZ
I am emailing you right now. I may end up with 2 from you. the one in this thread would be a nice extra for me. The other putter I want that is more involved so ill let you know what im thinking in the email. Ill fire off the text in a few minutes about this