Carbon Vs Stainless - your thoughts?

tsecor

Well, we had a little hiccup in the putter production. David had some notes crossed up with another client and started making a putter I didn't order. He has to redo it.....but after talking with him for a while, we decided on a soft tail wide flange, stainless 303. Tour satin in the 335g-345 range. Custom stamping.....should be started this week.......

BetsyG

Second the view that milling matters a tremendous amount for feel, then shaft. But there is a world of difference between carbon and stainless. Oil can is the best finish (appearance, not durability) but you need to spray the putter with yamashield and wipe it down with a silicon cloth religiously. I’ve been gaming an oil can since ‘98 with rare exception and the putter has been refinished three times because of rusting - even wiping regularly with oil.

tsecor

I don't mind a little maintenance, but doing that every day to a putter isn't for me...give me a nice tour satin (beaded look) with a nice design and I'm good. we are going with a nice tuna milling, not too aggressive.