Ben Hogan Bettinardi?

Robbiesjobbies

Hey all I’m new here I just picked up a Ben Hogan Bettinardi BHB5-ss and I can’t find out much info about it. I just want to know more about it and see if gaming it is a good idea? Thanks Rob

geogolf

www.theclubcollector.com
Hey all I’m new here I just picked up a Ben Hogan Bettinardi BHB5-ss and I can’t find out much info about it. I just want to know more about it and see if gaming it is a good idea? Thanks Rob
Pics ? Would be a mid 2000's when Hogan was part of Callaway. part of the deal when they bought out Spalding golf (Spalding then owned Ben Hogan in the late 90's 2000's)

Mr. Doug

Here we go!
Staff member
I’d say $75-$125. That one looks to be in decent shape, so I’d put it right in the middle.

Some people on eBay list high and then hope someone is uneducated and just buys it.

Jimbobuc21

If my GIR was higher, my scores would be lower.
If you come across one that is an 'X' and it will be a honey colored metal, you may be pleased to find it is an alloy... Aluminum Bronze and I have at least on of those in my stash.
Jimbo :cool:

bogie

What a coincidence! Tomorrow I should receive a Ben Hogan/Bettinardi 1953 Commerative putter, number 244 of 1953. It has some nice engraving on the sole and is 350 gram head. I will post pictures when it arrives. BTW, it's new still in the plastic.

bogie

Well no putter today or ever for this eBay scam. The seller will print a label and if he does not get the price he wants he never ships so he gets to keep the putter to re-sell at a later date. He had 100% feedback! But that was only for this year! Last year it looks like he sold 4 or 5 in a row and did the same thing. If eBay had the correct feedback I never would have bid. So no new Hoganarardi putter for me :-( but enjoy yours!! :cool:
BTW, the seller is: hillcountryas (203) and NOW eBay puts up 75% positive feedback when it was 100% last week.

Jimbobuc21

If my GIR was higher, my scores would be lower.
I am so sorry that you got scammed man... I always wanted one of those 1953 commemorative putters, but they have eluded me to this point. You should be able to get hold of a Hoganardi without breaking the bank without too much trouble. The collectability/value of the 1953 is moot if you play it anyway, so keep a look out for one in great condition and you'll find one, I am sure.
Jimbo :cool:

bogie

Thanks for the nice supporting post. A new twist in this story. I figured I was scammed but I don't take things like this laying down. I contacted Fed-Ex to make sure the putter was never shipped. I then contacted eBay because they had 100% feedback for the seller which should have been 75%! Then I issued a complaint through eBay's system so I could get my money back. Next I email the scammer telling him I know what he is doing and has done in the past. I said I would get the police involved since this is a pattern the seller has done in the past and also said might take him to small claims court.
This morning I received and email from Fed-Ex stating the package was received yesterday. So It is supposedly due to arrive Friday. If it's in the right condition I will be really happy. The seller had another story on why it was not shipped and asked if I wanted a refund. Of course I do not at the price I paid.
I apologize I had no intension to hi-jack this thread. Your beautiful putter is a great one and I hope you putt super with it. I like the older Bettinardi putters better than the new ones. I'll start a new thread when it arrives. At this point I am not sure what will arrive. Oh, I am abut through with eBay. PayPal is no more. I am sick of them holding my money for no reason. My eBay id is: member00123.
(y):)