Are Mills Putters from cast?

JunkerJorge

When you say “Mills putter” this encompasses everything from completely handmade putters to production models. It depends on what you are looking at. Mills basically pioneered the milled putter so no, they are not known for cast putters.

BTW good choice with the softie. Often imitated, never duplicated. One of the best looking models out there imho. Enjoy.

Last edited:

tsecor

I didnt think so. I read that somewhere and got nervous but deep down i knew. Finally made up my mind for a soft tail. Fits all my needs for a nice putter.

Rob McHugh

Try to be the Person Your Dog Thinks You Are
Good choice!
My collection thread (Rob from Sydney) has plenty of Soft Tails at address. 👍

Rob

tsecor

Good choice!
My collection thread (Rob from Sydney) has plenty of Soft Tails at address. 👍

Rob
Hey Rob....You could have solved the worlds debt problem with that collection!! lol...OMG...when I read collection, I was thinking 3 or 4....that is literally insane (in a good way)!!! congrats.... what is your take on the best feeling milled face? deep? shallow? I'm looking for a responsive feel but nothing to high pitched clicky...a nice feeling "thud" with a touch of clicky....any ideas???

JunkerJorge

Best feeling (sounding) putter I ever had was a smooth face carbon TP Mills heritage. I’ve also had deep milled stainless putters (not Mills) that get downright mushy. Feel is such an individual thing it’s hard to know though.

tsecor

I almost ordered a heritage. Went with a soft tail xl. Feedback and sound/feel is so crazy subjective. I just want a putter that feels solid and i get out what i put in. No super heavy putters that fly a mile across the green because i cant feel the ball. You have any pics of that heritage?

Rob McHugh

Try to be the Person Your Dog Thinks You Are
I like a fine milled Carbon myself. Decent feedback without being too soft. Look forward to seeing what you choose!

I will be adding some more beauties in the next week. 👍

Rob

tsecor

After speaking with David, I actually went with a Heritage. He is going to modify it to fit my needs. He is awesome to work with. So accommodating while interjecting his expertise to make the project work just right.