Any BBQ/Smoking aficionados?

T. J.

PUTTERS!? We no need no,,, wait,,, si , we do !!
Staff member
After being stationed in Columbus AFB Mississippi from 1990-1992 and enjoying TRUE BBQ, going to steak houses and so called BBQ places was a major disappointment.

So I started smoking ribs and others meats to satisfy the urge. Anybody here also enjoy smoking and BBQ?
I got an idea from a coworker to use Tapatio sauce rather than mustard or other sauces. You lather the ribs, pork, chicken, or ?? with tapatio sauce, the add your rub, followed by a light layer of brown sugar,,,,, throwing some baby backs on smoker later on, pics to follow.

JunkerJorge

I used to smoke quite a bit on my weber bullet. Makes awesome BBQ but it's a little high maintenance now with little ones. I've been thinking about a big green egg, or something more automatic. What are you smoking with? Let's see some pics!

T. J.

Staff member
I used to smoke quite a bit on my weber bullet. Makes awesome BBQ but it's a little high maintenance now with little ones. I've been thinking about a big green egg, or something more automatic. What are you smoking with? Let's see some pics!
I am smoking some baby backs and threw some porterhouse steaks for lunch, using hickory and mesquite,,, using propane smoker, tried them vs charcoal, no difference in taste to me and easier to keep temperature right.

Attachments

T. J.

Staff member
So it’s dinner time,,,,

3 hours smoking with hickory and some mesquite
2 hours wrapped in aluminum foil with a couple of ounces of sunny delight and big blob of butter (under ribs)
1/2 hour back in the smoker at 225 with a light Carolina vinegar based BBQ sauce

Viola, you get this,,,

Attachments

LionGolfer

Dang! Really looks good. How about a first ever puttertalk gtg round of golf in Dallas mid to end of November and a cookout after... 👌

Aloha B.

So it’s dinner time,,,,

3 hours smoking with hickory and some mesquite
2 hours wrapped in aluminum foil with a couple of ounces of sunny delight and big blob of butter (under ribs)
1/2 hour back in the smoker at 225 with a light Carolina vinegar based BBQ sauce

Viola, you get this,,,
Looks delicious and it's making me hungry!

Robert.Paulsen

My name is Robert Paulsen
Sometime in the not so distant future, I'm going to get a pellet smoker. I've been smoking with lump charcoal and the results are great, but it's a lot of work. With children needing attention, it's hard to maintain the grill environment for hours. For some reason, people consider pellet smokers to be "cheating" but I really don't care... at all. The results are consistent every single session. It doesn't need babysat. I just haven't decided on a gas or electric smoker. I'm not all that crazy about pork ribs so my absolute favorite is smoked beef ribs. Salt, Pepper, Smoke, maybe some cider vinegar in the water pan are the only ingredients I use. If you like sauce, glaze them in the last hour with your favorite homemade or store bought sauce.

And chili. Chunks of brisket or pork butt in chili is the best
@noodle3872 is that a pellet smoker?

Rob McHugh

Try to be the Person Your Dog Thinks You Are
Love threads like this.
I went from no family to the huge ‘wog’ family ha ha and last week was Greek Easter - OMG the feasting!
Hear is me and the Father in Law doing the lamb Souvla and chooks. 😃

Rob48555278-18AC-40F4-A288-1BE190D5D10C.jpeg1351D682-649F-4EF1-8B94-B64475713ACA.jpeg

pseudonumb

Cinderella story, outta nowhere...
Dang! Really looks good. How about a first ever puttertalk gtg round of golf in Dallas mid to end of November and a cookout after... 👌
I am all for that idea, as long as we can get Rob's family over to do the catering 🤣. The first annual PT Golf Outing sounds like a very enticing proposition. Maybe some of the vendors could be persuaded to show up and present their latest and greatest