85029 Anser with no "R" year?

FrankenScotty

Don't restrict yourself just to the Anser model mate,
There are some cracking other models produced, either Redwood City, Scottsdale or even Phoenix Pings,
Just personally, if I was to game a Ping, it probably wouldn't be the Anser.

mrrelish

Don't restrict yourself just to the Anser model mate,
There are some cracking other models produced, either Redwood City, Scottsdale or even Phoenix Pings,
Just personally, if I was to game a Ping, it probably wouldn't be the Anser.
Unfortunately I do not limit myself. My favorite putter is a napa, bb2, DBAP type putter. I have to many. Check out the my other stuff under the Relish Collection.

Yumseyo

Unfortunately I do not limit myself. My favorite putter is a napa, bb2, DBAP type putter. I have to many. Check out the my other stuff under the Relish Collection.
I tried searching under relish collection and could not find it. Would you please instruct me on how to view your collection?

mrrelish

Go to the Community tab
then Member Collection tab
Then The Relish Collection tab
Let me know your thoughts.

There are a couple collections on there that are incredible. Enjoy the swag...

Yumseyo

Go to the Community tab
then Member Collection tab
Then The Relish Collection tab
Let me know your thoughts.

There are a couple collections on there that are incredible. Enjoy the swag...
Wow !!!!! I am envious !!!! Beautiful display in your office !!!

mrrelish

Thanks. Its been fun collecting and displaying in the office. I have already changed it since that picture. I will update when I clean the office up.

FrankenScotty

Nice collection,
I was actually meaning, that if I was gaming a Ping that it probably wouldn't be an Anser, as there are some other great heads made by Ping from yesteryear. I have a pair of KARSTEN CO Cushin's that roll the ball beautifully, one double bend, the other a Z shaft, which I probably prefer.

I also have a few customs that are usually in the bag. Too many to choose from. Much to Mrs Frankenscotty's disdain.

FrankenScotty

These feel great, very solid, a bit of imperfection from the molds as well, which adds to the character I reckon,
An MLT has snuck in there as well.
There are some great older Ping putters out there to use, as well as the Anser, cheers Steve.

IMG_0003.jpg

ntwusc

Based on what I've read so far, it would appear this is a 1967 Karsten Co. Anser, correct? Would this be considered a Dalehead? I'm also trying to figure out whether the shaft is original with a 10.5" first step and tattered Ping band. I'm also trying to figure out if this is the flat sole or rocker sole version that I think this vintage Anser model came in. Any help is appreciated.

FrankenScotty

Looks like you have an original Flat Sole Karsten Co Dalehead there,
The shafts came in a few lengths to the first step, my example is a 12",
That is the correct shaftband for the time, to my knowledge, but the grip looks new.

FrankenScotty

Yes, it would appear that the grip is new, probably (not definitely) it is the newer version, of the original grip.
The original would have had a melted collar, like this grip on my Dalehead,
These things are fifty odd years old, the grips have trouble with perishing,
The grip in this picture was perfect when it got to me in Australia about ten years ago, unfortunately, it mustn't like the climate:confused:

IMG_0205.jpg