Author Topic: Nine years on...  (Read 6924 times)

razaar

Nine years on...
« on: July 21, 2008, 08:43:26 PM »
By my estimation nine years have passed since Never Compromise entered the industry. My first glimpse of their line was during TV coverage of an LPGA event. Laura Davies putted with a Delta Z/1.

I have noticed that the grey coating on the face of NC putters which have seen plenty of work has worn off the strike point exposing what looks to be ss beneath. Will this have any adverse effects on putts and what is the best way to deal with this problem?

Ray

Thinking the way you have always thought will almost certainly assure you putt the way you always have. - Dr Bob Rotella

razaar

Re: Nine years on...
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 06:26:08 AM »
I guess a little wear on the strike point is nothing compared to the faces on putters pre 1950. I forgot I had posted this thread another case of "craft". Dave Peltz would have scratched his head  (dimple theory  :barf: ) with these early putter faces.
Thinking the way you have always thought will almost certainly assure you putt the way you always have. - Dr Bob Rotella

DooZ

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 08:12:31 PM »
I gamed a Delta Z/I when they first came out.  Actually remember putting well with it.  To make a long story short borrowed it to someone and haven't seen it since.......LOL    After trying several different putters the last 6 or 7 years I was scanning ebay a month or so ago for another one, to my surprise somebody had stashed a new one in their garage to collect dust.  $22.00 later it was sitting on my front porch.  IMO an underated putter.

razaar

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 06:51:09 PM »
IMO the main advantage of the grey insert inside a black head (besides being easy on the eyes) is it is easy to track the club face during the stroke in one's peripheral vision which helps in keeping the face square to the target line. It also transmits a nice feeling off the face. Another plus is the softness of the steel which makes it easy to adjust the lie angle. I'm with you...it is a very under-rated putter.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 06:54:23 PM by razaar »

golfer4life

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 07:45:54 PM »
Wow Mate, I have to dig the NC I gave my wife several years ago, I don't even remember what model it is.  All I know it is brand new in the bag she has never used :w00t:

I'll see if I can take pics of it.

H

DooZ

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 10:53:12 AM »
Wow Mate, I have to dig the NC I gave my wife several years ago, I don't even remember what model it is.  All I know it is brand new in the bag she has never used :w00t:

I'll see if I can take pics of it.

H

You better not be saying it's a chick putter, them are fightin' words.........LOL J/K

The originals sure are soft, in my younger, more angry years you could custom lie that putter with a simple flick of the wrists......LOL

duaney2

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 01:14:20 AM »
It should have no effect whatsoever on your putting.  Unless it becomes a concave surface at some point  :) which is doubtful.

super20dan

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 09:23:56 PM »
wasnt the center on the original models actually a peice of solid plastic?. i love these original models best .

flop2river

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 10:55:41 PM »
NC gray matters are niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

cuccia69

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 03:19:36 PM »
i thought it was honeycombed on one model?