Author Topic: Picking up my new Center Shafted Spider today  (Read 4505 times)

NJBettiFan

• The artist formerly known as NJCameronFutura...
Picking up my new Center Shafted Spider today
« on: July 07, 2008, 11:17:48 AM »
I have had my eye on the center shafted spider for awhile now. It was finally released last week. Had one special ordered from Taylor Made over a month ago. My dealer will be receiving it today. Can't wait to game it tomorrow.
Bettinardi Halfmoon HEX DASS Proto
Bettinardi SS9 Zombee DASS Proto
Bettinardi 2013 American Championship LE DASS SS3
Bettinardi DASS Boxcar Proto
Bettinardi SS12
Bettinardi BB35
Ben Hogan by Bettinardi Baby Ben

tpariff

• "You can't handle the truth!"
Re: Picking up my new Center Shafted Spider today
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 12:14:58 PM »
Cool.  I finally broke down and bought a Spider about 10 days ago and couldn't be happier.  I've played 2 rounds with it and shot 77 and 76 with 28 and 30 putts, respectively.  No 3-putts in two rounds.

I rolled the Spider on 3 different trips to the golf shop over the last few months and couldn't miss with it.  But I couldn't see it going in my bag until recently when I started missing some 4-8 foot putts.  I broke down and spent the $200, and it's almost paid for itself in on-course winnings!   ;D

Let us know how you like the CS version.

Kevin

bosoxfan

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 03:53:06 PM »
so how about some feedback on the center shaft version, would love to hear how that compares to the heel shafted arachnid.
KH

NJBettiFan

• The artist formerly known as NJCameronFutura...
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 12:20:15 PM »
Normally I would not even consider responding to someone with that username, but I did promise some feedback.  ;D The putter is pretty sweet. It takes some getting used to as far as distance control is concerned. I used to leave putts short. Quite the opposite with this bad boy. The face is pretty hot. The center shaft helps even more with the alignment. People stared at the putter like it was something from outer space but were more interested as the putts started sinking in. I may try adding the optional weights for even more stability. Overall though I give it a thumbs up.
Bettinardi Halfmoon HEX DASS Proto
Bettinardi SS9 Zombee DASS Proto
Bettinardi 2013 American Championship LE DASS SS3
Bettinardi DASS Boxcar Proto
Bettinardi SS12
Bettinardi BB35
Ben Hogan by Bettinardi Baby Ben