Author Topic: Anyone bought the TaylorMade Spider yet  (Read 7176 times)

Funkey

Anyone bought the TaylorMade Spider yet
« on: April 18, 2008, 07:38:50 PM »
I would be interested what you think of it.  How does it play. 

I was hitting one in the shop yesterday.  Feels kind of good.

CactusGolf

Re: Anyone bought the TaylorMade Spider yet
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 07:40:48 PM »
Haven't bought one yet but I was putting with one today.  The alignment aids on the top of the putter weren't bad at all.  Feel could have been a little better though.

CactusGolf

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 05:14:24 PM »
Well, I broke down and bought the TaylorMade Spider last night off of eBay.  Got it for $182 shipped 2 day Priority USPS.

Anyone have a review?

jrg

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 10:56:49 PM »
I picked on up in the pro shop the other day and looked it over but could not pull the trigger on that fugly thing!   

paulyboy

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 03:20:30 AM »
I have one but I haven't used it yet.
Bought it in a moment of remembering how disgraceful my putting was last saturday. Not even positive I will game it but yes I have one. It is leaning against the wall in my Harry Potter cupboard with all my other putters trying to blend in but failing miserably.
Paul
And now.....back to the putters.....

bosoxfan

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 10:53:31 AM »
I had one but have already sold it, just too bulky for my eye.  But I must say, the alignment is point and shoot and the feel is not bad.  If they come out with a smaller version, then I might give it a go again.
KH

Kilmidyke

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2009, 09:23:16 PM »
I have also just picked up one of these rediculous looking objects in a group buy, it was free with a Rife Abaco and a Kia Ma Monte Carlo!

I was almost a little too emarrased to say this but....WOW!!  I think I really like the feel of this thing. Dont get me wrong, for sure it's funny looking and I'm not likely to sell off all the Mills, Byrons and Nead but putting around on the carpet at home and errr....wow!...I feel like I cant bloody miss!

I never ever thought I'd say it but I think I may have been missing a trick here!.......Who knew?!!!  lol

PutterHead #235 reporting for duty! :)

funkyfedora

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2009, 09:31:01 PM »
The feel is great but not really a fan of the box shape. I have an Itsy that I am trying to get rid of...

kylek

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2009, 09:58:49 PM »
I bought the itsy version of it a few months ago.  I really loved the way it putted in the store.  It felt like the best putter in the world until I got it to an actual golf course.  I couldn't make short putts with it and my lag putting sucked.

I know... I can't blame it all on the putter, but it was enough for me to get rid of it!!!

Kilmidyke

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2009, 11:23:14 PM »
Like I said...not saying it's the holy grail or anything....just that I was stunned at how nice it rolled the ball! 
It certainly wasnt the reason I bought the 3 putter package deal, just a nice surprise when I eventually rolled a ball with it.
I too will wait final judgement after the outdoor test, however, it'll have to be unbelievable to get the 007 or the Nead Handmade out of the rotation!  lol
PutterHead #235 reporting for duty! :)

super20dan

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 07:57:06 AM »
i got one but its too cold to even test it out!

Tngolf77

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 12:06:25 PM »
I have one and I love the way it rolls the ball I just couldn't get used to the way it looked I am more of a blade guy I guess.  I am trying to sell it now but not because of the putter just that I couldn't get used to the big head
Bettinardi HMM w/fit face

funkyfedora

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 07:26:53 PM »
I know mark c. was looking for one... Try and PM him.

super20dan

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 08:03:13 PM »
well i gamed it and i have never been more disapointed with a putter in my life!  the face wants to close at address making you miss every putt left. i have a smooth long loren roberts like stroke and the itsy bitsy spider dosnt suit it at all. on the way home from the course i stopped at playit again sports and promply sold it -for a 15$ loss.