Author Topic: Swan Neck Design  (Read 461 times)

golftech

Swan Neck Design
« on: August 23, 2018, 08:52:08 AM »
I’d like to hear from other SRC users on the benefits of the swan neck.  As a new SRC owner, I am loving  the great ‘feel’ (solid & soft, yet dense) of the strike.  I’ve also heard from one SRC owner that he felt the swan neck helped the putter track better throughout it the stroke.  I have a standard arc stroke, and finding my putter swinging easier in a slight arc, my arms able to relax more and feel the putter head weight swinging more.  I’ve always preferred a flow neck with minimal offset, but this swan neck really sets up square and easy to aim.  Plus there is excellent feedback from the putter face through the neck all the way up to my hands.   

wrbush31

Re: Swan Neck Design
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 01:18:09 PM »
The biggest advantages you're getting out of that specific swan neck is the feel - trust me.  That said, the swan neck gives Scott other advantages in building and setting the putter up with precision.  There's more flexibility in not requiring a bunch of different neck designs.  By bending the "tube" in certain ways, he has very exact control to get precision balance in the putter, differing degrees of offset, or any weird loft and lie requests (you should see the weird lie on my go-to SRC putter).

So the reason it tracks well is because the swan neck is easily manipulated into that perfect sweet spot for the player.  I have experienced very few putters as well balanced as an SRC SWC.

Now mind you, these statements shouldn't be applied to every putter maker that uses a swan neck. Some just do it for decorative purposes and the putter could be a total turd.  In the SRC case, it's controlling the balance and giving a more direct feel.