Author Topic: Owners Manual for Putters - Toe hang Mallets  (Read 376 times)

bargolf

• barusga
    • BURNT EDGES CONSULTING
Owners Manual for Putters - Toe hang Mallets
« on: July 30, 2018, 09:32:53 PM »
https://bargolfinstruction.blogspot.com/2018/07/owners-manual-for-putters-toe-hang.html

Hope you find these helpful. Questions or comments here work best.
Byron Morgan Bombora In-Between Long Pipe
Byron Morgan DaKine Long Pipe
Staff Professional Burnt Edges Consulting
SLDR TP 9.5 TP
SLDR 3 14 degree TP
SLDR TP Hybrids 17 and 21
Nike VR Pro Blades 4-9 KBS Tour S
Clay Long Desig TM 50 and 56

Clemsonfan

Re: Owners Manual for Putters - Toe hang Mallets
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 01:41:13 PM »
This is a great series, Bruce!  Really enjoyed this post!
Jeff

cnosil

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 10:11:58 AM »
Always enjoy reading your posts, thanks for taking the time to share your persoectives

corleydw2

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 02:10:18 PM »
Bruce,

This post was very informative.

Question:  It makes sense to increase the MOI to slow down rotation for someone who is fighting a pull with say a blade.  I am curious.  Have you seen any trend in those type of players, after switching to a higher MOI putter, eventually reacting to the different MOI in a way that changes the way they release?  What I mean is, after the assumed immediate success of slowing the rotation down - does the player eventually react to the different MOI such that they start to over rotate the new, larger MOI putter?  Or even eventually under-rotate it? 

I ask this because, when I have experimented with MOI-matching irons (both single-length irons and progressive length) -- While testing different golfers to determine their "optimal" MOI, I noticed that some golfers were much more sensitive to changes in MOI than others.  One specific player hit a 7 iron 15 yards farther with his optimal MOI as compared to MOIs that were only slightly greater or less than the optimal.  Others players, the changing MOI didn't impact performance significantly.  That may be related to how different players have different ways to release their irons or just that some players are more influenced by the MOI.

Anyway, I wanted to ask you if you have seen any of this kind of "MOI sensitivity" impacting different players regarding their putters.

thanks,
Dennis

bargolf

• barusga
    • BURNT EDGES CONSULTING
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 03:40:53 PM »
Dennis,

Possible, but much more likely if we didn't get it right in the first place. Bandaid instead of a fit. If we see the situation you describe, I automatically assume I didn't have it right. Once you get a match, you are not likely to see much of a change in the long term.

I would think your full swing work is much more complicated that my simple example of one parameter.

b

Byron Morgan Bombora In-Between Long Pipe
Byron Morgan DaKine Long Pipe
Staff Professional Burnt Edges Consulting
SLDR TP 9.5 TP
SLDR 3 14 degree TP
SLDR TP Hybrids 17 and 21
Nike VR Pro Blades 4-9 KBS Tour S
Clay Long Desig TM 50 and 56