Author Topic: Current wait time  (Read 389 times)

Baltbf13

Current wait time
« on: June 26, 2018, 08:10:28 PM »
Hello All,

I am new to the whole Byron scene and this is my first post. I ordered a DH89 with a tour satin finish  about a month ago and was never given a quote for the time it’ll take to be made. I emailed both Byron and Steve a couple weeks ago to see what the expected wait time was. I never got a response. I know they are both extremely busy and I’m sure my email just fell through the cracks. I was curious if anybody on here has received a putter recently and can let me know how long it took to be completed.

Thanks1

golfer40

Re: Current wait time
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 09:26:14 AM »
Just ordered one Monday, was told 6-8 weeks
Tyson Lamb Allendale custom
Tyson lamb Allendale (1pc)
Byron Morgan Dh89 copper
Byron Morgan DH89 blue brushed
Artisan

TrueRoll140

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 10:28:45 AM »
Just received a stainless 615. Took 8 weeks to the day from order submission/payment until I had it in my hands. All the work was done in house, nothing outsourced. I love it. Very reasonable turnaround given the quality of the product and the amount of input you have in it's design.

Baltbf13

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 10:39:32 AM »
Thank you for the responses! I know the process takes time and the results are well worth it. I just wanted to reach out on here rather than hound Steve with another email!

hailflutie

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 04:23:07 PM »
I ordered a DH89 in brushed stainless on I think Feb. 6, and it showed up last Wednesday. So 6-8 weeks would have been rather better than 4 1/2 months, but it is what it is.

fharbist

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 06:28:18 PM »
That's about the range I've experienced.  As quick as about 5 weeks, but as long as about 4 months....  Not sure what the variables are driving this wide a spectrum, but it's worth the wait IMO in every case

Gava

• Adam Scott - First Aussie To Win The US Masters
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2018, 12:51:25 AM »
I’m about to post up a thread on meeting Byron at his workshop. Called in on the way from Santa Monica to San Diego whilst on vacation with the family.

From my experience I can honestly say that when crew write up about it being essentially a one man show, that is exactly true - but you don’t really get a sense of what that means until you see it for yourself. Seeing the man himself plying his craft it’s hard to believe demand doesn’t outstrip supply even more so.

All the order notes are hand written & much of Steve’s comms are via text message it appeared. If your order is in, it will come eventually. I got the impression sending follow up emails wouldn’t make much of a difference.
I'm a member at The Vines in Western Australia.  Look me up if you are visiting.

Z-MAN

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2018, 08:23:51 AM »
Byron is pounding out putters as fast as he can.. Believe me when I say that.. We had some problems with the PVD finishes so if you can`t wait to get a putter do not order mystic and deepwater. Always remember that the putters that don`t need to leave the shop will get done faster than the ones that do.. We are not forgetting about you.. Thanks guys we really do appreciate all of you.. Byron customers are the best!!!