Author Topic: Return to the Forum  (Read 392 times)

bargolf

• barusga
    • BURNT EDGES CONSULTING
Return to the Forum
« on: February 20, 2018, 09:51:37 AM »
Getting a lot of questions about my system of putter fitting and learning. As a big fan of Putter Talk I thought it would be fun to get back to using this forum to talk about player's issues and concerns.

I will get this out of the way up front. I am now open again for new students on my online course. So if the forum doesn't answer your questions we can always do it on a personal level.

My hope is to get back to posting like I used to. I have finished some projects and can now get back and focus on my passion.

1. Define your stroke.
2. Fit the putter to the definition.
3. Develop a feel for the combination.
4. Spend the rest of the time building "your" method.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 09:55:37 AM by bargolf »
Byron Morgan Bombora In-Between Long Pipe
Byron Morgan DaKine Long Pipe
Staff Professional Burnt Edges Consulting
SLDR TP 9.5 TP
SLDR 3 14 degree TP
SLDR TP Hybrids 17 and 21
Nike VR Pro Blades 4-9 KBS Tour S
Clay Long Desig TM 50 and 56

JunkerJorge

Re: Return to the Forum
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 03:28:52 PM »
I am excited to see the posting increase here. Hey Bruce I saw what you posted about ball position and something just clicked for me. After we put me in profile 4ish I was still trying to keep the ball position pretty forward. My miss went from a push to a pull. I moved the ball position back and it seems to have really helped the pull and also cut down on taking the putter back outside, which I was doing a bit. Make sense that if we tilt the arc to the right and my ball position stays forward my right arm can't really bring the club inside in the first part of the backstroke. I've only been able to roll it inside the house because the weather has been crappy, but I am feeling the path so much better playing the ball back the little bit that I've worked on it.

Jimbobuc21

• If my GIR was higher, my scores would be lower.
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 06:50:10 PM »
Thanks Bruce... have never been an official student, but have read with great interest much of your input over the last few years.

Thanks for all of it!

Jimbo 8)
.: Jimbo :.

Tour Exotics EX9 driver and 3 wood
Tour Exotics EXi irons
Tour Exotics 56*/60* Xtreme Spin Black wedges
Tad Moore Pro1, Slighter Portland, Byron Morgan C/S Spud in AlBz, Byron Morgan cc Proto (they rotate)
Xenon Cu 10* currently in the bag

dans4fun

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 12:18:03 AM »
 :)

Miss your daily posts Bruce.

I could probably go back and reread the old ones.

Dan

Rob McHugh

• Try to be the Person Your Dog Thinks You Are
    • Rob McHugh
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 03:15:46 AM »
Hello Bruce,

Thanks again for your recent help with my Arnold Palmer putters and I look forward with interest to your valuable contributions on here. 👍👍

Rob
Kind regards,
Rob