Author Topic: Tad moore Pro 1 Ln 1st production questions  (Read 349 times)

Travisteck

Tad moore Pro 1 Ln 1st production questions
« on: February 18, 2018, 06:07:55 PM »
Hey everyone. I grabbed this putter on the cheap off of ebay and was hoping to get some info on it.

I was reading that this was after maxfli I think. Was this his first run on his own?

What's this made of? I think I read that it's nickel cobalt plated.. I'm not super familiar with this material, is it easy to clean up with sandpaper?

And what's the general concensus of these? Soft?

Thanks!

Jimbobuc21

• If my GIR was higher, my scores would be lower.
Re: Tad moore Pro 1 Ln 1st production questions
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 07:52:03 PM »
I can affirm some of what you've heard... it was after Dunlop, in fact most of these with the Co in a box on the face will say BYE BYE on the bumpers in reference to leaving them. The Co is all about the nickel cobalt plating that is over a nice carbon head... not sure how thick the plate is, so I am not sure of the best way to clean it up... it is certainly in nice condition to be a gamer and far enough away from mint that trying to restore it on your own may be a stretch.

What kind of grip is on it! Is there a shaft band/label?

The Giraffe and the Long Neck are my favorites of this run, and I actually have a couple that are in black with white paintfill... one is a very nicely done PVD best I can tell, but the other one would almost be a twin to the black melonite that are on his early Pro 1's, and I'm not sure if it was done that way originally or if it is the very best replating that I have ever seen, as it is beautiful!

These come up in pristine shape fairly regularly, so it you look for one of them for their condition, they are out there. I find this to be a sweet putter, and because of the plating it is a very nice alternative/choice for inclement weather for me. When the plating wears in places, those places will rust if you don't keep them dry, as any carbon head would.

I hope some of this helps...
Jimbo 8)   
.: Jimbo :.

Tour Exotics EX9 driver and 3 wood
Tour Exotics EXi irons
Tour Exotics 56*/60* Xtreme Spin Black wedges
Tad Moore Pro1, Slighter Portland, Byron Morgan C/S Spud in AlBz, Byron Morgan cc Proto (they rotate)
Xenon Cu 10* currently in the bag

Travisteck

Re: Tad moore Pro 1 Ln 1st production questions
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 09:10:10 AM »
Hey jimbo, thanks for the response. I'm guessing that the cobalt is wearing off in spots because it looks like some rust is starting to form in other pics. I guess worst case scenario, I try to get the plating off and I have a carbon head.. That would likely take a hot bluing pretty well.

It has the tad grip, with the tad moore golf band. This one again says 1st production on the sole. I bought it for under 50 so if nothing else it'll be a nice gamer.

Those black ones sound awesome.. I'll have to keep my eyes out for them (or make this one black on my own!)