Author Topic: Byron Morgan Handmade  (Read 1007 times)

Villadsen

Byron Morgan Handmade
« on: January 24, 2018, 07:07:23 AM »
Hi PT.

I am cleaning out the basement and looking to offload a few putters including this Byron Morgan handmade beauty.

It's been a while since I've followed the market for handmade putters so I would like a qualified idea of how to price it.

Few details.:
Length: 33 inches
Grip: Byron Morgan rubber
Comes with 2 headcovers and an additional Byron Morgan leather grip.

Full disclosure.: 
There is a very, very small (about the size of the tip of a pencil), shallow dent on the top line... so small it's not visible from address.  Has some very light wear on the sole consistent with use.

Thank you in advance

Steffen in DK

toophewbirdies

Re: Byron Morgan Handmade
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 07:21:41 AM »
Wish I could find items like that in my basement, only thing in mine are skeletons............ :(

JTeke

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 11:53:53 AM »
Pictures didn't load (at least for me)
One Putt...at a time

Oneputt

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 01:52:11 PM »
Hi PT.

I am cleaning out the basement and looking to offload a few putters including this Byron Morgan handmade beauty.

It's been a while since I've followed the market for handmade putters so I would like a qualified idea of how to price it.

Few details.:
Length: 33 inches
Grip: Byron Morgan rubber
Comes with 2 headcovers and an additional Byron Morgan leather grip.

Full disclosure.: 
There is a very, very small (about the size of the tip of a pencil), shallow dent on the top line... so small it's not visible from address.  Has some very light wear on the sole consistent with use.

Thank you in advance

Steffen in DK

Beauty  :)

Villadsen

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 02:22:16 PM »
It is a beauty. But what is the going rate of such a beauty... (ballpark figure)... ;)

Oneputt

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 08:08:58 PM »
It is a beauty. But what is the going rate of such a beauty... (ballpark figure)... ;)

Regarding the price of a hand made putter like yours, I don't know what the "market price" might be.
Below this message I will provide a link to a listing, from a few years back, where a guy was selling what he described as a "Byron handmade, brand new grip in plastic". His ask price was $750, and I don't know whether he sold the putter or not.
Were it mine, and I wanted to sell it, I would probably list it on ebay (for a price which would satisfy me) and hope it sells.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/935736-nice-putters-for-sale-byron-bettinardi-gauge-edel-seemore/

JMac13

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 10:39:29 PM »
Beauty...

Handmade market is very fickle and your market is going to be pretty small but there is a chance you find the collector that it just calls out to. My guesstimate would be between $600-800. I had one a couple of years ago that was mint and probably made in the same time frame as yours. It took a while to move but I ended up making a trade plus cash that was about a $700 value.
☮ ♥ & Calif☠rnia Flatsticks

Byron Morgan DaKine Radz
Byron Morgan CI-18 Proto
Byron Morgan DaKine-18
Byron Morgan GS DH-89 First off
Byron Morgan Mixed Metal Stubby DH-89

Villadsen

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 02:15:11 AM »
Thank you for the input.
I've created an eBay listing which can be found here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/232642575818
Thanks again  :)

Rob McHugh

• Try to be the Person Your Dog Thinks You Are
    • Rob McHugh
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 05:22:16 AM »
As stated, very selective market for the lovely old hand mades. People these days want bling and silly stamps. Beautiful ferrule on yours!

Check out the Byron Hand Made in my collection thread for comparison - it is verified by Byron as full hand made 1 of 4 and I think I paid $500USD a few years ago. Hope this helps - GLWS.  :)

Rob
Kind regards,
Rob

Gava

• Adam Scott - First Aussie To Win The US Masters
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2018, 07:02:00 AM »
Thank you for the input.
I've created an eBay listing which can be found here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/232642575818
Thanks again  :)

Hi Stephan,

DK...Denmark for the uninitiated?  Beautiful and underrated country IMHO.

See your ebay listing is current and active.  I think your asking price is very fair.  You'll have to post up how it goes. Good luck!

Gav
I'm a member at The Vines in Western Australia.  Look me up if you are visiting.

Z-MAN

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2018, 01:50:52 PM »
Love that putter

Villadsen

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2018, 06:58:26 AM »
Thanks guys.
Quick update.:
The putter didn't get sold on the first attempt so the price is now adjusted and it's back on the market.:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Byron-Morgan-Handmade-Putter/232650685332
Fingers crossed it will find a new home this time around  :)