Author Topic: I Need Help From Everyone...  (Read 1296 times)

wrbush31

I Need Help From Everyone...
« on: May 31, 2017, 10:36:12 AM »
I've been fortunate to make some visits to SRC HQ and cause some trouble with the crew. As such, I want to write an article for my website about these visits. I have a few ideas but there a million different things I could talk about.

I am curious to hear what all you SRC fans would want to hear about. Let me know what you'd like some insight into or what would be entertaining. I appreciate any help I can get.

rclarke1

• trying to get back on course......
Re: I Need Help From Everyone...
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 02:42:55 PM »
Bill- how on earth does the mad scientist (Scott) get these incredible creation ideas for the pros? He makes mention of them briefly, but some insight to the creative process would be cool.
Also the amazing embroidery process. Everything is so intricate and so colorful!
Xenon X, Element, SRC blade
Mann MA66, Super Sport, Rattler
Byron GSS DH89, GSS 615 DW, Carbon 612, B17
Carbon Ming, GSS Trad XL, 303 SS Flat T
RJB7784, RJB8143

wrbush31

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 03:23:53 PM »
Bill- how on earth does the mad scientist (Scott) get these incredible creation ideas for the pros? He makes mention of them briefly, but some insight to the creative process would be cool.
Also the amazing embroidery process. Everything is so intricate and so colorful!

I think the first thing you need to embrace is that it is a team of mad scientists. A collective if you will.

src

• Scott Readman Concepts
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 05:21:00 AM »
Team of 3 people, Emma and Corrina do pretty much everything.

I just make the tea and empty the bins but apparently I am crap at making tea which upsets me, you should see the way I handle a bin though. World class.

src

• Scott Readman Concepts
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 06:19:54 AM »
Here is the story about how it all works. I thought I would start off by showing you some pictures of our HQ, we moved in around 6 months ago and it can only be described as organised chaos.

Every room is filled with not only the tools of our trade but loads of quirky things which all have a special meaning.

Amongst the many many bits and bobs you will find a Blackhawks hockey puck, Masters flag signed by Speith, Peter Trago signed cricket bat and ball, 100 year old sewing machine, Picture signed by my hero Payne Stewart, 4 original Paintings of Bath, loads of old bullseyes/ansers/blades/persimmon woods, ancient lithograph of St Andrews and so on. We feed on inspiration.

Pic 1 - Hallway which is lined by my hand drawn cover designs.

src

• Scott Readman Concepts
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 06:20:58 AM »
Embroidery room/store room

src

• Scott Readman Concepts
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 06:22:31 AM »
Office/Sewing room to the right out of shot are 2 industrial sewing machines.

src

• Scott Readman Concepts
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 06:25:24 AM »
The tidy half of my workshop, the other side is the dirty section with oxy acetylene burner/blast cabinet etc

src

• Scott Readman Concepts
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2017, 06:35:57 AM »
Couple of close ups of the framed artwork in the corridor.

1. Ryder cup victory cover Celtic Manor. Apologies to any USA supporters but this cheeky number has a Welsh Dragon wrapped around the star spangled banner with the Welsh for "Wales forever" and "The dragon will show you the way" The head is looking at the tail which is also sending a hidden message.

2. Cool cover for JL.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 06:39:22 AM by src »

src

• Scott Readman Concepts
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2017, 07:14:30 AM »
I started to think about making putters and covers back in 2009 and the fuel for this burning desire is pretty much down to all of the people here on puttertalk, I have my favourites but I am not going to name names. I have a huge amount of respect for all of them.

I loved the idea of the headcover being collectable and so much more than something which just protects the putter. I was also into "clever" artwork which contains a hidden, almost subliminal message and wondered if it would be possible to combine the two.

The master of meaningful/clever artwork has to be Banksy who happens to be a Bristol boy, I have always followed his work closely and its no surprise that my first few designs were anti-war or perhaps I should say peace.

The first ever cover came from a weird dream, I was thinking about a puzzle which is ultimately a problem to solve, blood on your hands combined with the message of peace, the following image is where it all started.

It was called "piece" which was a play on peace. I am happy to say that the designs did not stay dark and deep for very long !!

wrbush31

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2017, 11:21:03 AM »
Well, I guess job done.  Scott covered it.

Maybe I can find something else to write about!

src

• Scott Readman Concepts
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2017, 11:33:41 AM »
Only the beginning Bill, lots more to come and you know it.

wrbush31

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2017, 11:38:25 AM »
Only the beginning Bill, lots more to come and you know it.

>:(

rclarke1

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2017, 02:27:03 PM »
Absolutely FANTASTIC! Thanks both of you for the closet expose'!

Now as for the last, once Scott made reference to the "lewd tie" covers may appear, waiting on that series!
 ;)
RJB7784, RJB8143

cuinthecreek

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2017, 02:48:11 PM »
What an awesome read so far.  I am excited to see more!

src

• Scott Readman Concepts
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2017, 06:34:11 AM »

Now as for the last, once Scott made reference to the "lewd tie" covers may appear, waiting on that series!
 ;)
What kind of idiot would make a cover from a crappy tie ? Yep we will have a go.

I am about to throw down a challenge to anyone who wants a surprise. Send us the worst tie you can get your hands on and we will not only turn it into a headcover but a dead cool cover.

The tie would have to be fairly wide at the bottom for us to be able to make this work, !960's/70's kipper ties would be great. Even if it is a hideous brown paisley nightmare we can nail it.

Over to you Robert - send us something vile please.

rclarke1

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2017, 03:03:58 PM »

;)
What kind of idiot would make a cover from a crappy tie ? Yep we will have a go.

I am about to throw down a challenge to anyone who wants a surprise. Send us the worst tie you can get your hands on and we will not only turn it into a headcover but a dead cool cover.

The tie would have to be fairly wide at the bottom for us to be able to make this work, !960's/70's kipper ties would be great. Even if it is a hideous brown paisley nightmare we can nail it.

Over to you Robert - send us something vile please.

I KNEW you would bite on this! Challenge accepted! Give me a bit please..... :))
RJB7784, RJB8143

timastyle

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2017, 01:04:05 AM »
This is an excellent challenge. What would it take to get one of these if I send one your way?
Byron Morgan:
Byron Morgan GS DH-89 Brushed Stainless with Plow neck (formerly a short pipe high polish blue oil as in my avatar)

Xenon:
Handmade Xenon Damascus Stainless (gamer)

Nead:
On order Albz

Cols_Ears

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2017, 10:30:31 AM »
Bill - looking forward to your piece (you'll have to let us know who you write for...)

I personally would like to see a picture of the rest of the team. I've spoken to Scott and Emma quite a few times over the last 3 or 4 years whilst building my collection of 6 SRC covers, a putter, and valuables bag, but have only seen pictures / video of the big man.
I'd also like to see a full list of his Tour Clients.

Was a pity that it was raining Sunday at the Nordica as it deprived us of a good look inside Woody's bag as they had the rain cover on it!
TM M1 430 10.5° with Fujikura Speeder Tour Spec 6.1 Stiff
TM M1 3HL 17° Fuji Pro95 (Stiff)
Adams ProMini 18° Aerotech HLS880 F4
Ping S55 White Dot  4-PW KBS Tour S
SCOR 4161 wedges 49/53/58 KBS Stiff
Tad Moore Hoffman Blade / James Ingles 12g Custom Flow Neck / MannMade MA66 FN

wrbush31

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2017, 10:46:52 AM »
Bill - looking forward to your piece (you'll have to let us know who you write for...)

I personally would like to see a picture of the rest of the team. I've spoken to Scott and Emma quite a few times over the last 3 or 4 years whilst building my collection of 6 SRC covers, a putter, and valuables bag, but have only seen pictures / video of the big man.

Was a pity that it was raining Sunday at the Nordica as it deprived us of a good look inside Woody's bag as they had the rain cover on it!

Thanks for the constructive feedback!  Very useful.  I don't have a picture of Corrina unfortunately, and I'll see if Emma won't kill me for posting her picture for the world to see (she will kill me for it).

src

• Scott Readman Concepts
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2017, 11:46:10 AM »

Thanks for the constructive feedback!  Very useful.  I don't have a picture of Corrina unfortunately, and I'll see if Emma won't kill me for posting her picture for the world to see (she will kill me for it).

That depends on what photo you have of me Bill!!  Would need my seal of approval first as don't want to shatter hundreds of monitors around the world!  :P   ;D

Emma

wrbush31

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2017, 04:20:44 PM »
1100 words into writing this thing, and feel like I've just scratched the surface.  Didn't realize I was going to write a novel of my journey to historic Bath/Britsol/BITTON.