Author Topic: Help Needed  (Read 570 times)

Rob McHugh

• Try to be the Person Your Dog Thinks You Are
    • Rob McHugh
Help Needed
« on: December 13, 2016, 01:47:36 AM »
Hi Guys,

I am conversant with Scottys and Byrons but Robert's stuff not so much but want to get into them.

Could I trouble some experts for information regarding these 2 putters and in particulat their current worth. I do not presently own them but have been offered them both.

Thanks in advance,

Rob
Kind regards,
Rob

mrrelish

Re: Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 02:51:16 PM »
Hey Rob, Nick at Tour Stock or Jimmy at 303 milled should able to help you...

Rob McHugh

• Rob McHugh
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 05:24:03 PM »
Hey Rob, Nick at Tour Stock or Jimmy at 303 milled should able to help you...
Thank you Bill.

Have a great Christmas my friend! :)

Rob
Kind regards,
Rob

bogie

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 07:49:07 PM »
Bettinardi made putters for Ben Hogan for one year and did the same with Mizuno. He likes the control he has w/o any outside interference so neither was long term. They are the same quality as any other Bettinardi. They are not super expensive putters. Without knowing if one is DASS or carbon it is hard to put a price on them.  One is carbon, looks like a Maru 23 made for Shigeki Maruyama. There are some of those on eBay. You can check prices there. The Hogan looks like DASS and is a special run with the writing on the sole. I would have to see better pics but my guess would be around $400.00 if it is DASS depending on the condition. Right now it's hard to specify prices because putters are not selling great at this time. Good luck.
“Success in this game depends less on strength of body than strength of mind and character.” – Arnold Palmer

Rob McHugh

• Rob McHugh
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 08:40:26 PM »
Thanks Bogie, I passed on them as I think the guy wanted a little too much.

Appreciate you getting back to me.

Rob
Kind regards,
Rob

bogie

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 12:53:17 PM »
No Problem.  You usually can find a Maru 23 on eBay. They are good putters, been around for a long time. Bettnardi has a great reputation in Japan and the Asian market. I would guess the Hogan is priced too high. It's very hard to price a putter like that. It all depends on the buyer and how much they want it. Good hunting.  :)
“Success in this game depends less on strength of body than strength of mind and character.” – Arnold Palmer