Author Topic: First two JB's added to the collection  (Read 1013 times)

Pwood28

First two JB's added to the collection
« on: August 03, 2016, 08:09:48 PM »
I came across  two fantastic looking John Byron putters on eBay last week, the first being a Dale Head and the second being a JB02.  Paid about $100 each, and they showed up on Monday.  I have to say that I am shocked at how nice these putters are for the money.  Even though these may not be modern high end custom Byrons, both of these putters are still as good or better than a majority of the off the rack putters in the stores these days.  If I didn't love my DH89 so much, I would have no problem throwing this new chocolate brown Dale Head in my bag a my gamer.

I think these putters are a real testament to how long Byron's work has been at the highest of levels.  My only problem is that now I have the Dale Head to match my DH89 and the JB02 is looking lonely.  I might need to pull some funds together for a Designed by Captain Morgan to solve this problem. 

The next hunt for my is definitely going to be a Dale Head 9!

zero3s

Re: First two JB's added to the collection
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 10:09:30 PM »
Couldn't agree more. Some of the early JB offerings = incredible value and great putters.

Jimbobuc21

• If my GIR was higher, my scores would be lower.
Re: First two JB's added to the collection
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 10:29:53 AM »
Couldn't agree more. Some of the early JB offerings = incredible value and great putters.

+1

These don't get nearly enough love or respect anywhere, and I am sad that they have so little respect even here. I recently picked up an O-Head (think Anser-X) with it's hand bent neck that is a beautiful piece of work. Good pickup... there are several of these older JB putters that are easy to pick up in that $$ range.

Jimbo  8)
.: Jimbo :.

Tour Exotics EX9 driver and 3 wood
Tour Exotics EXi irons
Tour Exotics 56*/60* Xtreme Spin Black wedges
Tad Moore Pro1, Slighter Portland, Byron Morgan C/S Spud in AlBz, Byron Morgan cc Proto (they rotate)
Xenon Cu 10* currently in the bag