Author Topic: Tad Moore newbie  (Read 1974 times)

Sox Fan

Tad Moore newbie
« on: February 07, 2016, 09:24:16 AM »
I am new to the forum and new to the world of Tad Moore putter awesomeness.  Picked up the handmade TM-4 that is shown in my avatar about 2 weeks ago on a whim from Ebay and couldn't be happier with it.  Confidence in my putting is at an all-time high and am, of course, already looking to add more Tad to my life.

T.P. Mills:  SoftTail (Custom), Skinny Nellie (Proto).   SeeMore:  Tour FGPss (Private Reserve), ONEcs, mFGPcs DF

Jimbobuc21

• If my GIR was higher, my scores would be lower.
Re: Tad Moore newbie
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 03:41:11 PM »
welcome to the Tad Moore Appreciation club... I have many of his offerings and they are great putters that are (in my humble opinion) very underappreciated.

Enjoy!

Jimbo  8)
.: Jimbo :.

Tour Exotics EX9 driver and 3 wood
Tour Exotics EXi irons
Tour Exotics 56*/60* Xtreme Spin Black wedges
Tad Moore Pro1, Slighter Portland, Byron Morgan C/S Spud in AlBz, Byron Morgan cc Proto (they rotate)
Xenon Cu 10* currently in the bag

Sox Fan

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 12:12:51 PM »
Thanks!  I agree with the underappreciation.  Just wish there were more "real" (non OEM) ones on the secondary market.  Of course, I eliminate quite a few with my bias against plumber's necks and my love for the washboard face milling.  At least I have one awesome one to keep me finding the bottom of the cup until more come along.
T.P. Mills:  SoftTail (Custom), Skinny Nellie (Proto).   SeeMore:  Tour FGPss (Private Reserve), ONEcs, mFGPcs DF

zero3s

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 03:41:15 PM »
And be sure to check out Chip Usher golf  who has some really nice Tad NOS beauties on eBay (chipaputt) - with washboard faces.  He is also the man behind Black Lab Putters here on PT. great guy, and a heck of a craftsman.
Happy collecting 😊
Marty

Sox Fan

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 03:46:15 PM »
Thanks.  I have seen those and exchanged a couple of messages with Chip.  Unfortunately, they all have angled PN's and am leery of light head weights.  Prices are great so I am still in the ponder mode about them.

Tad

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 11:18:24 PM »
I just have finished a run of welded neck TM 2 with "washboard face" They are in stamping and getting ready for finish

fharbist

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 11:19:59 PM »
I just have finished a run of welded neck TM 2 with "washboard face" They are in stamping and getting ready for finish

Pictures?

TMAC

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 11:22:56 PM »
Thanks.  I have seen those and exchanged a couple of messages with Chip.  Unfortunately, they all have angled PN's and am leery of light head weights.  Prices are great so I am still in the ponder mode about them.

I grabbed 2 of the Tad's that Chip has and they are terrific putters.  Weights are in the 330g range, but Chip will throw 10-12 grams of lead down the shaft and cork it for you if you ask him.
Great bang-for-the-buck putters. :)

TMAC

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 11:23:33 PM »

Pics would be great Tad! 
Love the TM 2 head. 8)

Tad

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2016, 11:27:26 PM »
Pics coming.  TM 2 and TM 9 and a new version of popular PRO 1.

Sox Fan

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2016, 11:32:41 PM »
Can't wait to see these!

Tad

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2016, 11:44:54 PM »
pictures  Here is the group of welded hotels.  TM 9 RH and LH and RH TM 2  these all have washboard faces and start at 364 grams and then ground to weight.  The latest PRO 1 selma is 350 and I only have 6 started

Ripple

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2016, 12:03:07 AM »
Love the flange on the tm 9, not too skinny, not too wide.  can't wait to see the finish

Sox Fan

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2016, 06:09:21 AM »
Those are all beauties!  I am thinking TM9 is probably best for me.

Sox Fan

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2016, 09:22:31 PM »
Pro 1 TS in Matte Oil finish ordered today from Chip Usher!     ;D

TMAC

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 10:26:32 PM »
Really like the look of that new Pro 1 Tad.
Do they all have a flange line?

Sox Fan

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2016, 10:45:19 PM »
Really like the look of that new Pro 1 Tad.
Do they all have a flange line?

Sight dot on the top line.  My preference anyways.  I believe all the Pro 1 TS putters he has have the sight dot and the Pro 1 P putters have no alignment aid.  Main reason I went with the TS over the P was the washboard face milling.

Tad

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2016, 12:21:49 AM »
This 6 piece run of PRO 1 have flange line.  Next will have no mark.  Tad

Sox Fan

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2016, 08:25:52 PM »
Going all in on Tad Moore putters!  In the process of getting a custom TM-2 built.  Mr. Moore is phenomenal to work with! 

Sox Fan

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2016, 07:22:14 PM »
New addition to the collection arrived today

Maverickping

• Section Moderator
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2016, 08:05:25 PM »
Very nice!