Author Topic: This headcover...in CHICAGO ?? :-D  (Read 1583 times)

CourtGolf

This headcover...in CHICAGO ?? :-D
« on: December 10, 2015, 05:28:51 PM »
I don't know if Obama has heard about this one in "the most gun free city in America" or not.  ::)  Great looking headcover.

Bettinardi 2nd Amendment Headcover now available!

http://www.bettinardi.com/product/bettinardi-2nd-amendment-headcover/

"Don't do anything well that you don't want to do again." - Bob from "Becker"

T-Bone84

Re: This headcover...in CHICAGO ?? :-D
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 05:32:14 PM »
I don't know if Obama has heard about this one in "the most gun free city in America" or not.  ::)  Great looking headcover.

Bettinardi 2nd Amendment Headcover now available!

http://www.bettinardi.com/product/bettinardi-2nd-amendment-headcover/

Not a bad looking headcover, too bad the quote is completely incorrect.  I would think they could do a quick google search before putting in the order?  :o

Sounds a lot better than the real thing, I guess:

“A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.”

CourtGolf

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 06:37:33 PM »
Where did you find your version of the quote ?  I have only ever seen the one he is using here.
"Don't do anything well that you don't want to do again." - Bob from "Becker"

fharbist

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 07:43:47 PM »
I saw that too (as did everyone on the Bettinardi email mailing list).  This is gonna hit a few politically charged nerves for sure....  On both sides of the aisle....  Maybe we should just focus on how nice the cover looks.

zero3s

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 08:19:04 PM »
Yikes.
 I do love those winter knit hats in the Bettinardi email.

T-Bone84

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 08:23:10 PM »
Where did you find your version of the quote ?  I have only ever seen the one he is using here.

It's a sweet cover, I just wish they could have found a legitimate quote or maybe just write the amendment on it or something if they wanted to honor it.

http://www.mountvernon.org/research-collections/digital-encyclopedia/article/spurious-quotations/

This quote is partially accurate as the beginning section is taken from Washington's First Annual Message to Congress on the State of the Union. However, the quote is then manipulated into a differing context and the remaining text is inaccurate. Here is the actual text from Washington's speech:

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."

JTeke

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 10:29:13 PM »

It's a sweet cover, I just wish they could have found a legitimate quote or maybe just write the amendment on it or something if they wanted to honor it.

http://www.mountvernon.org/research-collections/digital-encyclopedia/article/spurious-quotations/

This quote is partially accurate as the beginning section is taken from Washington's First Annual Message to Congress on the State of the Union. However, the quote is then manipulated into a differing context and the remaining text is inaccurate. Here is the actual text from Washington's speech:

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."

Absolutely.  That's why I'd suggest people grab this one...I bet he'll pull them at somepoint and they'll be known for the controversy. 

I think the headcover looks great...but subject matter is not for me. 
One Putt...at a time

Huntard

• Let's talk about drivers! I mean putters!
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 12:52:00 AM »
I'm wondering if this is a little insensitive to release such a cover now? Not trying to start a political debate, but I'm not a fan.
Byron Morgan DH89
Odyssey Versa BWB #7

apprenti23

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2015, 06:54:09 AM »
Wow... Not only an awesome looking cover, but I absolutely love the concept!

scooterdog

• The Weather is Here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 04:27:10 PM »
Love the cover  :)

Just ordered one  8)
CRIMSON TIDE #1

What if the "Hokey Pokey" really IS what it's all about ??!!??

I have too many putters to list !!!???!!!

reflog74

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2015, 06:06:47 PM »
Just saw this thread. Moving it to Bettinardi, where it belongs. Any more of your hot political takes and I'm moving it to the trash.

John

badscooter23

• If I get addicted to putters its all Frank's fault
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2016, 03:16:24 PM »
To each his (or her) own...

I am sure some people will be more likely to buy Bettinardi products because this aligns with their particular point of view.

I am sure some people won't notice or care...

I am also sure it will annoy some people who disagree with the sentiment, take exception with some of the details, think the issue is complicated (and don't appreciate it being reduced to an sound bite), are not interested in political advise or statements from a putter maker and "just want to play golf",  etc.

For me personally, it has severely turned me off on Bettinardi products. I have one Betti putter I was planning on selling anyway. However, I was scouring the world trying to find a similar putter (same head shape, less offset, etc) from Bettinardi. I haven't stopped looking for the putter, I have just stopped looking for one from Bettinardi - at least for now.

Mannkrafted Rattler WideBody/XL
Byron Morgan DH89
Piretti Cottonwood Flow Neck w/Snow
Piretti Potenza EXT
Machine M2A Converter
Xenon Kurve Brass/Wide
Xenon CuNi
Bettinardi SS9